passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

This feels totally random. Is the Indiana Jones IP even worth something anymore? Do people under 30 know about that franchise?

On the other hand it's good to know it's coming. I hope they don't bruteforce some multiplayer or GAAS elements into this and just make a classic action adventure style game. It doesn't look like SE wants to go anywhere with Tomb Raider at the moment so this might be the only alternative.

11 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Wait, doesn't EA have the exclusive rights anymore? Are SW games free-for-all again?

That would be really cool.

From 2023 it’s a free-for-all on all Lucasfilm properties as that’s when the exclusive contract runs out.

2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Is the Indiana Jones IP even worth something anymore? Do people under 30 know about that franchise?

It is really hard to say. But personally, I thought Uncharted filled that niche already? Plus the prior PC and Lego Indy titles. 

Star Wars being free is a good thing. I'm not saying everything EA did with it was bad but it would have been cool if other developers would have had a go at it in the meantime as well.

As for Uncharted, I don't think that's coming back unless they put another developer onto it. But seeing how character driven it was as opposed to being gameplay focused I doubt Sony will risk that.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh for fuck sake

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thps-1-2-and-n-sane-trilogy-developer-vicarious-visions-merged-into-blizzard-shifts-to-support-existing-blizzard-games-and-initiatives.366164/

Vicarious Visions are merged into Blizzard, Tony Hawks and Crash Remake devs. Tony Hawk was my number 1 game this year until Half Life Alyx. It was just too good, the best remake of 2020 some may say.

Guess that's one way to compensate for those massive layoffs at Blizzard a year or two ago.

It's a shame though, as this is basically a studio closure. They've been around for quite some time, I remember playing some of their licensed games during my childhood.