passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

This isn't something they can just wrap up at a event.  I'd definitely rather they acknowledged it, and much better, a promise to rejig the corporate structure with people who have proved they aren't pieces of shit. 

But the proof of the pudding will show years down the line.  But for now I've personally not been being buying Ubisoft games for years anyway, without feeling I've missed out.  So, just saying... There's other, cooler games. 

Played that one last year at Gamescom. The visual style really blew me away, it looks so good. Gameplay was a bit too much to properly get into at a convention but I'll sure to check it out when it launches (also didn't know they had a Switch version planned, might be a good handheld game).

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, HandsomeDead said:

@OCH it looks like an update, not a new game.

But I never finished it either because I guess I got distracted.  Good excuse to go back.

Indeed. DLC, as it says on the tin. But the video does mention something on NG+, so this could be something unlocked post-game?

Sometimes you see a trailer that sells you on a game instantly and this is one such trailer...

https://www.pcgamer.com/inscryption-announced-a-deckbuilding-horror-roguelike-from-the-pony-island-dev/

I’m gonna start Pony Island again and finish it this time, and play through The Hex, because I feel like I’ve been sleeping on this developer (to use a modern expression).

7.5 million people claimed a free copy of the new Total War game on EGS:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-14-a-total-war-saga-troys-free-launch-on-the-epic-games-store-claimed-by-7-5m-players

It’s not clear how much Epic paid Creative Assembly but it seems like (at least) they have covered the cost of those 7.5 million purchases, so that’s a pretty impressive launch.

I really cannot understand why EA took NFS away from Criterion. Their games were by far and away the best in the series for quite some time and then they suddenly decided to just give it to a new Studio in Ghost Games instead, which made no sense.

Pandemic is bad for the game industry

https://gamerant.com/gdc-covid-19-game-development-delays/?utm_content=buffer41a07&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=GR-TW&utm_campaign=GR-TW

Might seem like stating the obvious but i've seen some people try and say the opposite cause of a few success stories (like Nvidia).

33% of games seeing delays, 10% ppl getting laid off

I would be shocked to see these new consoles see anything like the sales of their predecessors at launch

Depends what you mean by launch. Day, week, window. I could see the consoles selling very well still in the first month or so because there are just so many hardcore dedicated players, but over 3-6 months I could see sales flagging behind the current gen sales for the same time frame. 

Yeah, probably, with PS5 possibly having a slightly longer phase of hype since it's, well, a Playstation. See: its logo trending on twitter.

But as soon as everyone realises that there's only Spider-Man/The Medium for the first six months, sales will probably go down quite a bit.

41 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

But as soon as everyone realises that there's only Spider-Man/The Medium for the first six months, sales will probably go down quite a bit.

This is one hell of a sweeping statement for the PS5 side of things considering we don't know anything about their launch line-up or what they have planned for the first 6 months, just because Microsoft seemingly don't have anything aside from The Medium and a few indies doesn't mean we won't get more 1P AAAs from Sony and Timed Exclusives in that first 6 months. We don't even know the launch line-up is yet, also Deathloop is included in that first 6 months too. 

For a launch line-up itself (as in on the day, not first 6 months), if they are there Day 1 Deathloop and Miles Morales is pretty damn good as it is for me but yeah it would be nice if we get GT7, Ratchet, Returnal and maybe a few Indies too.

I just don't see why everyone should be affected by COVID-powered delays and Sony shouldn't. Japan in particular has been hit pretty hard by it so I wouldn't expect GT7 to pop up earlier than at the tail end of 2021. Ratchet seems far along but also still rather rough around the edges so that looks more like a summer 2021 game.

Forgot about Returnal and Deathloop to be honest, they both look rather bland IMO, which is unfortunate as I really like both developers.

My impression is that there'll be nothing that sets the world on fire on these systems until this time next year. Which would pretty much mirror the current-gen 1:1 because for all its flaws, I feel like Destiny was the first big thing on current systems despite being cross-gen and that came out in September 2014.

At least that's what my crystal ball tells me.