passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Rockstar North, the British developer renowned for creating the Grand Theft Auto series, may have just confirmed its working on the next series in its open world crime franchise, GTA 6, thanks to detail found in the company's recently published tax returns.

As outlined by TaxWatch UK, Rockstar North filed for a significant increase in its claims for Video Games Tax Relief with HMRC in the UK for 2018/2019. The claims were approved on the basis that its ongoing project is registered as 'Culturally British'; a historic tax requisite that allows video game developers to seek large subsidies for high cost productions with cultural ties to the UK. 

Interestingly enough, a trusted Rockstar insider has also recently claimed that Take-Two Interactive, the studio's publisher, has been pushing for a faster and more frequent game release schedule, implying that GTA 6 could be coming as "soon" as GTA 5's Trevor Phillips himself has suggested. 

With both PS5 and Xbox Series X primed and ready for release later this year, the concept of a next-gen GTA is certainly enough to dream about for now, but - in the meantime - be sure to follow GamesRadar for all and any Rockstar news as it's announced. 

Correction: The article originally stated that Rockstar hadn't registered any other games since GTA V as "Culturally British". It had in fact registered Red Dead Redemption 2 as "Culturally British", which the BFI approved in Feb 2019. We have updated the article and regret the error.

Rely on Horror: (Rumour) Multiple Silent Hill Titles In Development

So it’s been a little over 7 years since the last Silent Hill game (2012’s Book of Memories), or 5 if we count P.T.. Many fans have completely written off the chances of there ever being another title in the series. Operating under the assumption that you already know all about what went down, odds were in favor of Silent Hill becoming little more than an aesthetic to bolt onto video gambling machines. Well, fans may (thankfully) be proven wrong in the near future as a new leak has sprung up regarding the future of the series. DuskGolem aka AestheticGamer (who has been consistently on the nose with leaks regarding the Resident Evil franchise time and time again) tweeted some information this afternoon that fans of the series (hell, horror in general) will be delighted to hear about.

In other news while I’m dropping this stuff, and I think I can talk about this, I’ll mention there is a couple new Silent Hill games in the works. Konami about two years ago reached out to various developers to pitch ideas for two Silent Hill games, one a soft-reboot of the franchise, the other an episodic TellTale/Until Dawn-style game to go alongside the reboot. I don’t know anything more than that though, but I sure do hope Konami’s given it the appropriate budget and found the right developer to make those games succeed.

This is just a guess, but I’d say there’s a high chance one or both of those titles may be revealed this year, but we’ll see. I don’t actually know their plans or anything about these games other than their existence though, I don’t know much about the inner workings of Konami.

We can also verify that, while we can’t discuss any details, we’ve also heard from our own independent source that a Silent Hill project is in development. These two sources are (in our opinion) the strongest evidence yet that Silent Hill may really be back from the dead. Considering Konami’s radio silence (no pun intended) on the series outside of more slot machines, this news comes as a massive surprise to fans. We’ll be waiting with bated breath for whatever announcement may be coming. If it is indeed to be revealed this year (as AestheticGamer suggests), it would most likely be at E3 or during a Sony State of Play. Given the timing future titles would most likely release for PS5 and Xbox SX, and either console nabbing the chance to be the first to announce a new Silent Hill is easily “game of show” material that would steal the spotlight from either console presentation.

Silent Hill may be on the horizon, friends. For now, all we can do is wait.

As much as I love Silent Hill, in lieu of a return of Team Silent, I'm not remotely interested in this. I've been down this road too many times now. The Room, Origins, Homecoming, Shattered Memories, Downpour and Book of Memories. Each time a lesser experience until the series plunged to rock bottom via BoM. Kojima and Del Toro could have made something special with Silent Hills. I doubt any creative on Del Toro's level will be party to whatever pitch has been okayed now.

I can’t even begin to get excited for a new Silent Hill game, and I say that as a huge fan of 1/2/3.

Its never been as good since Team Silent stopped making them. And Konami have completely lost touch in how to make a good game:

Metal Gear Survive: Utter shite.

Contra 2019: Utter shite.

I’d love a genuinely brilliant new Silent Hill. I just don’t see it happening.

Rumour that EA are working on a KotOR reboot

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-26-eas-reportedly-working-on-a-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-reboot

I don’t know what that means, though. The last one was a MMO, and there’s so much money to be made from MMO’s/online games so are they rebooting that? Or are they actually going to make a single player RPG? 

If it’s an MMO then not really interested. If it’s a real game, though, then I could be really interested. The original 2 on Xbox are some of my top 5 RPG’s of all time. Despite the current state of BioWare I could be into this. But who knows. 

I've had KoTOR on PC for years now and still never played it. I remember trying it on Xbox back in the day and I only got 30 minutes in before throwing in the towel - that was a time before I liked RPGs though to be fair. 

So I'd be well up for a Sequel/Remake.