passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

I’ll buy it but it’s a bit shit

EDIT: Whenever you get a super basic remaster it’s always a bit underwhelming, but I find it more of a slap in the face when they market it as “10th anniversary edition” or whatever like it’s something they’re proud of, and then hire some outsourced company to do the minimum work that has no pride in it at all. Then to slap them together in a value double pack just to make it feel extra cheap. Nice work, Sega.

The DMC-netta games have never really clicked with me. I tried the first game of each and couldn't really get into either. Madworld was probably the closest I've gotten to enjoying the genre, as that was a bit mechanically slower. I remember playing a demo of Vanquish and it gave me a headache. Which, just like my brief play of Transformers: Devastation, was a shame, as I enjoy the subject matter... There was just something onscreen my brain/eyes didn't like???

Speaking of remasters and Och posting here reminds me that BluePoint have been hinting more and more that their remake is Demon's Souls for PS5.

https://www.destructoid.com/bluepoint-is-keyed-up-for-its-ps5-exclusive-574325.phtml

The actual 'evidence/clues' of this are in some tweets they made that I can't find now but they're on their twitter somewhere.

If it's Sony exclusive it makes sense. Personally I am done with Souls, the combat is too broken and there are too many of them now

• 3 weeks later...

Let's go old school with this Royal Mail collection of videogame stamps !

Royal Mail Stamps - Videogames

Special Stamps

Elite | 1984 | BBC Micro and Acorn Electron Second Class

Dizzy | 1987 | ZX Spectrum £1.60

Populous | 1989 | Commodore Amiga £1.60

Lemmings | 1991 | Commodore Amiga First Class

Micro Machines | 1991 | Sega Mega Drive £1.55

Sensible Soccer | 1992 | Commodore Amiga First Class

Wipeout | 1995 | Sony Playstation £1.55

Worms | 1995 | Commodore Amiga Second Class

Miniature Sheet

Atlantean Scion | Tomb Raider | 1996 First Class

Ora Dagger | Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft | 1998 £1.55

Philosopher’s Stone | Tomb Raider Chronicles | 2000 £1.55

Ceremonial Dagger | Tomb Raider | 2013 First Class

On 19/12/2019 at 14:27, Nag said:

Could be something, could be nothing... Capcom are on a roll though so Resi 8 or a Dino Crisis Remake would get me throwing more money at the company.

REmake: Code Veronica????

CV is the last of the original series that would need to be remade for quite some time. There is no reason why it couldn't share the engine also, considering the Claire model is still good to go and I wouldn't have thought it all that hard to enhance the REmake 1 Chris & Wesker either.

True, but it still looks and controls like a Dreamcast game. The whole idea behind REmake 1 was to bring the game upto date on modern hardware, not just port the old experience to new consoles. CV could really benefit from some quality of life adjustments.

Exactly. It needs some work to fix it and make it shine. Claire's solo adventure was never in the same league as Jill's or Leon's, but with the right tweaks, it could be up there. Looking beyond CV, RE 4 doesn't need a REmake. In spite of its age, it still plays like a modern game. CV doesn't, regardless of what platform you play the game on. In that respect, it is the last of the Classic RE series (well the mainline titles people actually care about) and deserves to be brought into the fold.

How many gamers, exclusively from this gen (or the last), would look upon the original RE1, RE 2 or Nemesis now, with anything other than disdain? To that end, I think the ethos behind the REmakes hasn't changed.

1 minute ago, Nag said:

We'll see, I can't help but think C.V will get left behind.

Yep. It is sad to think CV has been left in the shadows for so long, meanwhile RE 6 is still acknowledged as a mainline [numbered] title...