passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

And to top it all off, the service is currently broken. Private worlds aren’t private. And the “unlimited scrap box” is deleting people’s stuff.

Honestly, Bethesda. You’re an utter joke. Charging £12 a month, more than most TV subscription service do, is bad enough. But for it to be fucked for the poor bastards with more money than sense to commit to it?

Bravo. You bunch of chumps. 

So both Diablo IV and WoW Shadowlands have leaked. Hard to not see it as deliberate. 'Please forget about the Hearthstone thing'.

It amazes me that WoW keeps trucking. I found it so utterly unenjoyable when I tried to get back into it. It just has way too much content and features bolted on by now. WoW2 really needs to be a thing.

EA and Valve Partnership

Verge Article

Electronic Arts and Valve have partnered to put EA games into the hands of the players on Steam. Starting next spring, EA Access—our ever-growing subscription service powered by great games and member benefits—will be making its way to Steam. EA Access is the first and only gaming subscription service available on Steam, and the fourth platform featuring an EA subscription.

The partnership kicks off with Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order launching on November 15—and available for pre-order today. In the coming months, players on Steam will also be able to play other major titles like The Sims™ 4 and Unravel™ Two. Multiplayer games—like Apex Legends™, FIFA 20, and Battlefield™ V—will become available next year, and players on both Origin™ and Steam will have the ability to play together.

A library of titles awaits you in The Vault, but beyond the games themselves, EA Access enhances your gaming experience with a medley of rewards. Get the red-carpet treatment with exclusive catalog-wide discounts, and in-game member benefits for some of our biggest franchises.

Keep an eye out for more news and updates on this partnership in the coming weeks and months!

UPDATE: For more information and clarification

“At the core, we are game makers, and our aspiration is to connect as many people as we can to the great games that we built and make it as frictionless as possible for them to do that,” explained Mike Blank, senior vice president at EA. “So with more players playing more games and more platforms, frankly, we want to be where the players are.” In EA’s case, that means Steam.

Despite the fact that Steam and Origin are PC launchers that run on the same platform, EA is effectively treating the two storefronts as totally separate platforms. For example, if you’ve purchased EA games in the last eight years on Origin, there won’t be any way to transfer those purchases to Steam — even if they’re rereleased there.

That split also applies to EA Access on Steam, which is explicitly not the same thing as EA’s Origin Access subscription service that it offers through Origin. As the name suggests, EA Access on Steam will apparently be similar to EA’s console subscription services, as opposed to the larger catalog on Origin Access.

I’ve never heard of Motive

I wish EA would be rad. They have so much money and opportunity but I can’t remember the last time I even looked at an EA game. As it happens Fallen Order looks great and I’m open to this new NFS but a lot of recent years nothing they’ve tried to sell has interested me at all. 

Maybe next gen they kick it in to fifth instead of just cruising on these digital football card packs or whatever it is they sell

Wish they would, but never going to happen. EA didn’t know what a great thing they had with Dead Space, and ran it into the ground with their usual bullshit (sell a bajillion copies or you fail! Cram in co-op! And micro transactions!).

Dead Space 1 is one of my favourite games of the last generation. But I’ve long given up on EA ever remastering the series.

So this Kotaku shit show. I don't fully understand it, but it's sounding like a lot of people are getting p45s soon because they ran an article about how bad the pop up ads are on their site?

There's a few people I'd miss on there. Jason for the scoops and Heather Alexandra for the ffxiv stuff. :(

Kind of seems a rough time for people writing in video games. At this point it kind of seems like Austin probably got fired too when he left waypoint. Whatever patreon these guys end up on is one I might end up looking at

I'd kill for a complete Mass Effect Trilogy. Every game with every piece of DLC on one disc. Right now the series is an archivist's worst nightmare, I have the Collector's Edition of 3 and that included some, but not all, DLC and it was a redeemable code of course so all of that is linked to my Xbox account which might or might not survive the apocalypse.

Just one disc, 1080p, 60fps, all the content, thank you.

There is an apparently reliable rumour that they are remastering Crysis.

This would be a good pick as the game isn't really super available or very playable to a lot of people. Even on PC it is engineered for dual core processors, so all that fancy ass physics shit still causes problems cause a lot of modern CPUs spread load across way more than 2 cores. So it's weirdly unoptimised by modern standards.

Also maybe ray tracing can get in too???

Tbf, it's maybe a fan favourite with people who had the means to play it. AFAIR I think the way they ported it on 360 meant they couldn't go near as far with the physics and super powers, also same with the sequels.

Although tbf I didn't get far enough with it to say as it doesn't have controller support on PC. At least not good support, pretty much have to play KB&M

59 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Tbf, it's maybe a fan favourite with people who had the means to play it. AFAIR I think the way they ported it on 360 meant they couldn't go near as far with the physics and super powers, also same with the sequels.

Although tbf I didn't get far enough with it to say as it doesn't have controller support on PC. At least not good support, pretty much have to play KB&M

There were sections cut from the console ports. Nothing life changing but yeah, it'd be interesting to see what could be done with it now, it already still looks amazing at points, and that's without going heavy on the mods. 

I've been toying with replaying Crysis 1 (and 2), I might hold off in case 

• 2 weeks later...

Human Head Studios, developer of the original Prey, has shut its doors after 22 years.

In its place is Roundhouse Studios - a new company owned by Bethesda. All Human Head employees were offered a job at Roundhouse as part of the transition, Bethesda has said.

Prey

Today's press release from Bethesda does not go into detail on what became of Human Head in its final days, although a farewell blog updatefrom Human Head itself blamed "economic realities". The team had just finished working on Norse action role-player Rune 2, which arrived with little fanfare on the Epic Games Store for PC yesterday.

"Rune 2 will be the final game for Human Head Studios," the studio wrote. "After 22 great years of making games as an independent studio, economic realities have forced us to make the decision to wind down the company and close its doors. But while we are closing the book on Human Head, we are not closing the book on the amazing team we have assembled."

Today is the first we'd heard of the studio shutting, but it's fair to say Human Head hasn't had a hit in a while. The bizarre Quiet Man, published by Square Enix in 2018, was critically panned, and recent years have seen it focus more on support work for other studios. In the past, it assisted in the development of BioShock Infinite, Batman: Arkham Origins and Dungeon Defenders 2.