passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destroy All Humans! The Remake

OCH

What I loved most about this series was it took the open world sandbox of GTA and made it something that would interest me. As nice as Liberty City or San Andreas might have looked, who wouldn't have jumped at the chance to level them with the death ray of a flying saucer? ?

Those 'splosions look wonderful. I only played the original game briefly when I rented it around the time the 360 was really hitting its stride so didn't play much of it but remember it being a lot of silly fun. Looking forward to this although hoping the cutscenes aren't too intrusive since every time I scanned forwards there was one of the bloody things playing. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was never a big fan of the original. Even in the PS2 era where a lot of games were mindless, trashy, run around and shoot stuff these games were always extra trashy and disposable to me. I just never really got what the big deal was.

Streamed some of the demo today for those interested:

I didn’t remember too much of the OG aside from the premise and little bits and pieces. This left a good first impression though, some of the guns/rays don’t feel as satisfying as they perhaps should do but aside from that it was just great fun blowing people up and throwing cows in the air.

• 1 month later...