passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ninja Theory's Bleeding Edge

one-armed dwarf

• Hendo changed the title to Ninja Theory's Bleeding Edge

Going by some infos from their website this is pretty much Overwatch by Ninja Theory. Different classes with unique skills and not one, but two Super Moves. The trailer was a bit dumb but I like the character designs (particularly the cyborg guitarist and the African plague doctor) and if it actually does play a bit like Overwatch I'm going to give this a try.

That said Multiplayer melee games are a risky thing. Anarchy Reigns worked, but I wouldn't go further than that. It certainly didn't sell.

4 hours ago, Maf said:

I love most of what Ninja Theory does but this game is going to have to get rip roaring reviews for me to get excited about it. 

I’m with you. As soon as I saw it I just rolled my eyes really, I’ll play it as it’ll be free on Game Pass but I’m not exactly expecting much.

10 hours ago, Blakey said:

I’m with you. As soon as I saw it I just rolled my eyes really, I’ll play it as it’ll be free on Game Pass but I’m not exactly expecting much.

The person who was looking forward to Metal Gear Survive has spoken.

In any case I've signed up for the Beta? Alpha? I feel like this is one of those games you just have to try.

• 8 months later...

I played the beta for a short while. I don't know how much of that was under an NDA, but I never really felt the urge to go back. My main issue was that nothing really feels impactful because both damage and healing values are really low. It takes forever to either kill or heal someone.

I might give the full version a try at some point if I can get my hands on it in a deal or something.

I still like the general aesthetic, the character design in particular. The dolphin is another excellent addition.

I'll play it as I've got Game Pass again at the moment - thanks to Ben's generosity - but I can't say I'm looking forward to it in the slightest, everything I've seen of it looks absolutely dogshite and not in my wheelhouse at all.