passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Watch Dogs Legion

Hendo

Looks like it’s leaked ahead of E3.

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/06/04/watch-dogs-legion-leaks-will-let-you-play-as-any-npc

Watch Dogs Legion is set in London, as we confirmed a while ago, and here’s the really interesting gimmick: You can play as any NPC you recruit in the game. From the product description:

Play as anyone, Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated & guided by gameplay systems.

I’ve heard the same, and also that you’ll see different things at different points in the game depending which NPC you’re playing as. In fact, from what I’ve heard, this system is so ambitious that it’s been causing the developers a lot of headaches (and may have led to at least one delay). More next week at E3.

That sounds potentially amazing. Hope it works.

If they keep the tone of the second one I'll be all over this. I loved how they leaned into irreverence with the over-the-top characters and shit like 3D printing guns. Give me more of that and I'm in. Give me fucking Aiden Pierce again and I'll 3D print my own gun and commit a Kurt Cobain.

Reckon it'll be delayed to/announced for next-gen given how ambitious it is though.

It sounds impressive but you know it’ll be basic. Like the way no mans sky made out like it had billions of planets all with their own unique lifeforms.

Put it this way, what ubi open world game has a diverse set of npc?

That depends on whether you mean random goobers walking around or narrative NPCs that you do missions and shit for. Ubi have been making some great progress with their games recently, it's a shame it is going to take them so long to shake off so much of the negativity they gained during the middle management years and before they got their shit together to fight the takeover from Vivendi. 

The game itself isn't really grabbing my attention unfortunately. I think it might be the idea of the whole city being playable rather than following 1-2 character's stories, but this really got me intrigued...

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2019/06/12/i-did-something-terrible-in-watch-dogs-legion

I was gonna quote it, but feel like this is one to discover for yourself.

• 4 months later...