passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gato Roboto

radiofloyd

Gato Roboto is a kind of miniature monochrome Metroidvania where you play as a cat who can hop in and out of a robot (and other machines). The cat itself is powerless and defenseless but can get to places where the robot can’t. Movement is very fast and compared to other games of the genre you’ll explore large areas of the map very quickly. I’m at 15% completion after one hour. So far it’s exactly what it looks like, plays very well and seems like excellent value for money.

ss_61ece345137c7807c95d581d02a67d2adf2a9

ss_e6b2a081950266b8f8f7a40707db3ccee1eb9

Just under 5 hours now and I’m up to 84.4% completion. The bosses in this game have been great. Wonder if I’m on course for 100%... I’ve completely explored the map in all areas leading up to this final area so I must be pretty close. 

Finished after 5 hours 30 minutes with 84% completion. There was an area I left unexplored in the final area, not sure if that would have led me to 100% of if there was stuff I missed in previous areas.

Anyway, solid little game that hopefully will lead to something bigger and better from this developer. 7/10

• 2 months later...

I started this yesterday, it's really fun. I completed the flooded aqueduct area and started the heater core before calling it a night.

It's not particularly difficult so far, but the boss fights were enjoyable. I like that there's not too much back-tracking so far. Getting the power up in the zone was enough to discover most of the rooms in that zone.

The graphics are cute and the style is really effective. The colour pallets you find in secret rooms all look fine, but none so far have been better than the default black and white.