passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

DisturbedSwan

Full year exclusivity is pretty fucking shitty, that’s basically the main lifespan of these games. Couple of months, yea I get that but this is too far IMO. 

Yea exclusives are normal but not to that extent usually. And game exclusives are a totally different matter as 99% of those wouldn’t even get made without being exclusive. Nothing like a mode in a game from a company like Activision. 

Luckily it sounds like a insignificant variation of a mode that is in the others so shouldn’t be that much of a loss. But you never know, this may be one of the best features of the game. Either way it’s wank. 

The way people are kicking off, you’d think it was something significant. It’s one game mode. Most people only buy COD to play the multiplayer, leaving a lot of modes untouched. There’s a good chance the people outraged wouldn’t have bothered with that mode anyway.

Doesn’t make it right. Especially when COD is cross-platform this time. But at the end of the day, well, it’s just yet more fucking COD. I can’t be bothered to be outraged.

It’s Activision being Activision. This is the same company that took a sure-fire success (MW1 Remaster), and completely fucked it up, by locking it behind the Special Editions of Infinite Warfare, not including all the content, and putting lootboxes in, because of course.

From the way people are making their displeasure known, you’d doubt anyone else would go “Hey, here’s an idea, let’s make a mode console only exclusive”. 

I can get the “slippery slope” angle. As this would be a pretty shit business practice to become the norm. But I don’t see it happening. Not when the COD devs themselves are saying “we know it’s shit, but it’s an idea beyond our paygrade and jurisdiction”. 

• 3 weeks later...

I know the no MTX news was posted above but just for this quote

EHJZClZW4AEYVkg.jpg

Is that admission that loot boxes are an unfair system? ?

I wonder how it feels to be the person who had the money to spend tonnes on loot boxes and defended the practice when attacked for doing so and is now having to sit there as the whole industry turns around and admits they were a mug

Also as an aside, will all this loot box shit affect EA’s card pack stuff? They won’t let that happen right, that’s just too much money to lose

Lootboxes are just shite. Instead of unlocking what you actually want, you’re left praying to the random number generator gods. Even worse are the ones where you can get duplicates. 

So good on COD for not bothering with them. Though I’ve no doubt they’ll still find some way to fuck it up. This is Activision we’re talking about. 

The QL has really tempered my excitement for this. It still looks really well made but it isn’t the shift I thought it was going to be. Not that I had really specific expectations for what I wanted from CoD, but this isn’t the new dawn of CoD or whatever but more just a really solid reset on what it has been anyway. Which for me is a bit meh. 

I think I got overhyped because of the trailer and all the engine overhaul talk but it doesn’t look like it’s that drastic of a mix up