passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

DisturbedSwan

I never stopped liking CoD (there are bad CoD games of course, but I was never a CoD hater) but they just kind of lost the, I don’t know, the excitement, I guess. Even if they were still well made they just kind of didn’t have real energy behind them. And perhaps I’m alone on this, too, but I think the multiple branching arms of CoD where you get kind of a different one every year didn’t do it any favours either. It didn’t leave me confused what was in each package but it left me confused in what the direction for the series was as a whole. Every year they were doing a spin on it they kept getting further and further away from what is cool about it. Fuck your Black Ops and your World War 2.

But I don’t know if it’s the reuse of the name or the new engine or the trailer or the marketing or a combination of it all but this just kind of has something. It really feels like it has that energy that CoD hasn’t had for a very long time. 

6 hours ago, Nag said:

Are they in a position where they need to win people back? Seems like they do alright for themselves each release.

They don’t need to but they can either keep having the same people buy it every year or bring back those wanting a campaign and have them stick around for multi.

6 hours ago, Nag said:

Looks like this may have at least one mission that's set to cause some controversy like No Russian did all those years ago 

Kids + Mustard Gas

My point exactly. 

I heard Jeff from Giantbomb talk about the apparent controversial part and from his description it really doesn't sound like it will be legitimately controversial.  Just sounds like they're trying to add a bit of drama. 

I saw this as well recently:

I think with this tech I am more interested to play this than I have in the past.  I was interested in last year's but Apex happened and then that scratched that itch. 

But anyway, it all sounds a bit more exciting than the usual.  Seems like they see the competition and know they can't just keep doing what they've been doing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like if a corporation is making decisions that only benefit themselves, consumers are entitled to the same right. Don't know why you'd defend the CEOs living by that philosophy that have probably attended child sex parties were the main form of entertainment was watching immigrants get eaten by wolves and not Johnny Shitnipples on twitter who is half way through a Greggs. 

I just can’t stand this gamers outrage culture nowadays, it does my tree in to be honest.

Seems to be a new ‘controversy’ out there every day @Nag, whether it’s warranted or not it just often seems like a pitchfork mob rises at a moments notice and then proceeds to - probably - abuse developers who has nothing to do with the decision on social media.

We don’t even really know what this game type is, but according to the devs it’s 1% of the game. If it was the whole Spec Ops mode then yeah I could definitely see folks could be justifiably angry at the decision but it’s not. Seems to me that this Survival mode is a custom game variant available for Spec Ops or something like that. Spec Ops itself is not the main campaign or Multiplayer either. 

Timed/full exclusivity deals have always been about from EA games exclusively to Mega Drive, RE games timed exclusively to Gamecube, GTA4 DLC timed exclusivity to 360 etc.

Not saying it’s right or excusing it, but I think folks on the whole need to

keep a more level head over such things and not overreact so much before full facts come to light.

Yeah but who cares about outrage culture didn't we already soapbox that to death the other day lol

Its not a great development. It not only reduces value for xbox (obviously) but reduces value for ps4 (cause of a smaller cross play participant pool) while they pretend it increases it

Like if ffxiv came out with a ps4 exclusive  raid, as a ps4 player I'd be pissed

7 minutes ago, Nag said:

People going on to Twitter or Facebook and issuing death threats and such are basically retards who should have their internet access revoked, that stuff is never right... But there's a huge difference between that and people getting a little shirty and letting the Devs know it.

I'll admit I used to roll my eyes when @Sly Reflex used to go on one of his rants about MTX and loot boxes but to me this is absolutely worse, if this kind of thing becomes the norm where does it lead?

Blakey will lead us all down the path of corporate acceptance and to our cyberpunk dystopia, where corporations brainwash us daily with DLC and MTX.

This is definitely what will happen I bet