passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steamworld Heist

radiofloyd

Steamworld Heist is a game that’s out on everything. It was initially released on 3DS in 2015, and I’ve played it for a couple of hours on Switch. 

It’s a fun turn-based space faring rpg with an eye-catching visual style. Battles take place inside ships and the ship layouts are randomised. Missions are selected from a node-based map. 

ss_33cb8ccac69c661b3fa71792eff175e3bde5c

I’ve been playing on the default “Experienced” difficulty and it seems like a reasonable challenge. I’ve had a couple of characters die during missions. When a character dies they don’t receive experience for that mission but they are resurrected when the mission is over.

ss_d102e1688a5ed0d935ff8d842e36c7e79ba93

The game has all the features that you would expect from the genre - special abilities, equipment, loot, new characters to recruit - but it’s the visual style and the ricocheting of bullets (as you can see in the picture) that makes it unique and fun.

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised this thread didn't have more posts in it, a few of us played it. 

I liked Heist quite a bit but the same as all the Steamworld games, there's something about them that just doesn't quite click with me to make me really love it. It's definitely worth playing though