passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

GODZILLA Cinematic Universe

mmmark

Just watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters and it's probably one of my favourite films I've seen this year.

I thought the story was a lot of fun and could easily have been a Toho movie, and although not as good as Brian Cranston I much preferred the human element in this one to 2014 overall. 

Being new to Godzilla I found myself getting really excited at the Easter eggs, and when Godzilla's theme started saying I got goosebumps. The action was absolutely spectacular too.

The movie as a whole blows the 2014 one out the water, and although it's certainly not the best Godzilla movie I've seen it was a lot of fun and a really good movie in its own right. 

Just watched Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) and it was mostly rubbish, but still dumb fun. 

The story was absolutely ridiculous (aliens and time travel etc) and I laughed out loud more than once. 

Probably the worst one I've seen so far, but I still enjoyed it.

So fucking stupid ?

Picked up a few Blu Ray's today. Just watched Godzilla (2014) and enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time I watched it 4 years ago.

Felt more like a disaster movie with the humans and MUTOs as the focus, with Godzilla just kinda being there as a Deus Ex Machina.

I don't know what settings my mate has his TV on but I had absolutely no problem seeing anything this time. It was dark, but well lit and clear.

Itching to see King of the Monsters again now.

20190622_203153.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Godzilla 98 last night. 

I haven't seen it since I was s kid, and i remember liking it back then so figured why not? Turns out I still like it now.

It's not a good Godzilla movie at all. I totally forgot that the second act took place in Maddison Square Garden with everyone trying to escape from 200 baby G's like some kind of Jurassic Park knock off. 

I love how they keep changing the rules of G too. When he's introduced initially in the city his foot steps shake the earth, but 5 minutes later he's in full on stealth mode. 

I think I read somewhere that Roland Emmerich either hadn't seen or didn't like the OG movies and that's why this is the way it is - from metaphor of nuclear destruction, force of nature, and almost unstoppable defender of the earth, to pregnant iguana that likes to eat fish.

The human characters are all stupid too. All of them. It's really quite remarkable. 

Despite all that though I still enjoyed it for the big, dumb, 90's summer blockbuster that it is. I cant help but feel if they'd called it something else and made an 'original' movie it'd be remembered much more fondly.

First two box sets arrived! Millennium era set is in the post and going to order Showa Classics volume 2 later today.

Unfortunately the box sets don't have The Return of Godzilla or vs Biolante in them so I have to track them down separately. Minor complaint though.

20190715_131047.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I started watching King of the Monsters as it was £1.99 on Amazon. So far I don’t think it’s as good as the anime movies I watched on Netflix a few months ago. That version of the 3 headed dragon thing was much cooler than this one. Also the writing in this is so played out. A character literally said “You’re messing with forces you can’t comprehend” 

Boy oh boy 

EDIT: Turned it off at hour twenty this is so boring

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • mmmark changed the title to GODZILLA Cinematic Universe