passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

GODZILLA Cinematic Universe

mmmark

I did a little digging a while back and a Region 1 player isn't that hard to come by. Nor really any more expensive than a regular one (Everyone from Amazon to Sainsburys has at least one)

On the subject of less than legal links, anything that could get us into trouble is maybe not a good idea.

I have no idea if the old Godzilla films would be that. Certainly don’t link to any fairly recent pirate stuff as we haven’t exactly got a legal fund.

I would say if it’s on YouTube, it’s on Google’s shoulders so that’s probably fine.

Just finished Godzilla: Final War

That was pure insanity! The first 30 minutes were crazy, then the next 30 minutes dragged by like a mother fucker, but the last hour was pure chaos. I can see why it divides the fanbase, it is proper rubbish, but holy shit is it fun. It's one of the cheesiest movies I have ever seen with some of the absolute worst dialogue, like a live action anime more than anything, and the fact I was watching it dubbed helped with the awfulness. 

No matter how bad it is though I can't help but love it. What a mental film. 

I'll watch it when I've watched the movie ?

Weirdly my brother has started getting into the old Godzilla movies too, but we hadn't spoken to the other about it, we just got interested and started watching at the same time, haha.

As an aside, since you've been going through the original series and in light of the New Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah, who would you like to see revamped in the films?

Mecha-Godzilla? Destroyah? Anguirus?

Just watched Shin Godzilla and honestly I thought it was great, but my god it was exhausting.

The first hour was so intense it felt like a 2 hour movie in itself.

I'm not a huge fan of Godzilla's designs, he looks weirdly cute and goofy until he didnt, but I did like the idea of him evolving over time.

Some of the cinematography was fantastic. The visual of the waves and cars flooding and destroying the streets when he first arrives on land was a blatant allegory for the Tsunami that destroyed areas of Japan a few years ago and it was hard to watch, so it did its job I feel.

The scene at night where he just let's loose on Tokyo was incredible and harrowing to watch. The imagery in this movie is incredible.

I enjoyed the human parts, the crisis control  kept everything moving along at a quick pace.

The second hour wasn't as good as the first, but it wasnt bad, it just didnt feel like they knew where to go after having the big destruction scene at the midway point.

So yeah, it was intense and exhausting with lots of on the nose imagery but I really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed it too. You also reminded me of a bit of KoTM imagery I loved during the Critical Mass scene. Where everything Godzilla walked past caught fire and melted. That visual really reminded me of the dream sequence from Terminator 2 (my all time number one film).

And that's another one down, tonight it was Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla (2002)

It was alright. Moved a lot quicker that the other one's I've seen so far. Maybe because it's 30 minutes shorter.

Was a lot of fun too, I have a sneaky feeling it was one of the main inspirations for Pacific Rim.

I really hate seeing Godzilla get hurt though. No matter what happens I just can't route for the humans. Apart from in Shin Godzilla. 

image.png

• mmmark changed the title to GODZILLA Cinematic Universe