passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

GRIS

radiofloyd

Was the thread for this deleted? I feel like there was one...

Anyway I played a good chunk of this before I went home last Christmas. I booted it up today and continued where I left off, which led to me restoring the colour yellow to the world. And then I played on a bit more after that.

According to my Switch profile I’ve played it for “more than three hours” so I’m probably near the end. The selling point of the game is the beautiful art and music but I’d forgotten how enjoyable the game’s gentle puzzles are to solve.

ss_a155ad5423e11e3e764a1a270dcf4f30323f0

You could describe the game as being style over substance, which it probably is, but I feel like the gameplay foundations of the game are pretty solid.

I really don't think it's a style over substance game at all. I was expecting as much before playing it but the platforming feels good and the puzzles are nice. It's a proper videogame, it's just not particularly challenging and the visuals stand out a bit more than the rest. It's worth a playthrough despite being rather short.

I played a bit of this on the Plane back in January and got sick of it after a couple of hours.

It looks phenomenal, I adored the art style. That’s about it though, the game play was like collecting light nodes then putting them in a socket pretty much, wasn’t really satisfying at all and I threw in the towel after a few hours.

Finished it today after four hours. It might not be one of the best indie games I’ve played - like Fez, Transistor or Hollow Knight - but it’s unique and worth experiencing. It’s a lovely game, in particular the last ability you get. 8/10

• 1 month later...

Three physical release for this are coming out later this year.

For about 30 bucks you get this:

0624_GRIS_ProductShot-StandAlone-Grey_60

https://specialreservegames.com/collections/games/products/gris-reserve-switch?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

For 70 it's this:

0624_GRIS_ProductShot-Bundle-Red_600x.pn

https://specialreservegames.com/collections/reserves/products/gris-bundle-switch

And for a meagre 200 it's this:

0624_GRIS_ProductShot-Signature_Bundle-R

https://specialreservegames.com/collections/reserves/products/gris-signature-reserve-switch

I'm probably going to get the 70€ version with the artbook. The super expensive one is a cool thing for collectors but, well, it's super expensive.

• 2 months later...

I've started this today and I'm really enjoying it. I was a little cynical about it when it first got shown because there didn't look to be much game there, and there isn't loads, but there's enough. 

It's beautiful. I don't know if the pc version is 4k, nor if there's a tablet version that takes advantage of high density screens, but the art and the world look fantastic even on the Switch's screen. It can be a bit small on the screen playing handheld, but it also meant I decided to put in some earphones, which helped the sound 

The game can be a bit obtuse and esoteric. On one hand it's a shame they couldn't make the game with zero prompts, but it often feels like I've gone the right way or solved a puzzle by stumbling over it rather than by being able to read the game world. 

Movement is also crushingly slow at points. I get why, rapidly darting about wouldn't fit the sombre tone of the game, how you interact with the world is a short hand just like everything else. There's also the chance its done to lengthen the game a bit. Maybe it's just how many games I've played over the years, but moveme speed is something I've got increasingly frustrated with over the years 

I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it tonight but I'm liking it a lot, glad I finally got around to it 

I finished this last night, my opinion didn't really change from my last post (hardly a surprise, it was only a couple of hours difference). I enjoyed it a lot, and it ends really well. There's moments where the game seems to play itself, but it does have the swell you want from a game like this as its reaching its conclusion. It really does look great too