passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

I agree it is not very Batmobile-like because it isn’t stylised in either Bat motif or just looking crazy. But I kind of really like it just because it looks like a cool car. I think it will be weird seeing Batman in the front seat of what is basically a regular car. Like imagine if you were driving along the road, stopped at the lights and you look over at the other very regular car and a guy in a Batman costume is sitting in it. It would be very weird. I imagine if they just have the camera right in front of the car looking in and Batman is sitting in it then it could look very odd. But as a design in these pictures it is cool. A great Batmobile? Probably no. But just a cool fucking car? Yeah it looks good. 

Just like The Tumbler. It was never a Batmobile, but it did look cool in its own right. It almost seems like they're going for a modern spin on the OG Batmobile look...

batmobile.jpg

Batmobile_1941.png

• 2 months later...

They are 'releasing the Snyder cut' apparently. I guess COVID really has people scrambling for anything that resembles new 'content'.

Justice League is the film he passed over to Whedon because Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide, so this fan campaign has always been very gross to me. Or maybe it's ironic and I just don't get it

I think Justice League has been the only recent Superhero film I went to the cinema to see and have only seen it the one time. I don't know if making it more "Snyder" would improve the film or not?

I’m really happy with this news. I have huge issues with both Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. I don’t really like the takes on those characters or storylines but at least they were cohesive in terms of that take. Those movies also had interesting ideas but when explored showed to me that what Snyder wants out of DC’s heroes and what I want to see from DC’s heroes are very different things. I’ve watched both of them a lot and like things about them, but ultimately because I want to like them more than I actually do and the whole thing leaves me a bit sour.  

Regardless Justice League is one of the worst big brand, blockbuster Superhero movies of the decade. It looks like a Snyder movie, sounds like a Joss Whedon movie, is full of shortcuts, plot holes, CGI moustaches and was given only the thinnest of paper for the mightiest of cracks. I get there were lots of behind the scenes drama and tragedy for that film but the result was the most hollow and superficial comic book movie that has been made in the modern era of comic book stuff. Not including Dark Phoenix, I haven’t seen that.  

I really don’t like the previous 2 movies that much but at the same time I respect them, at least. Technically JL is actually closer to what I want but the film is so fake and has no backbone I actually like it less then the two before. Finally this cut coming out (Which I never thought would happen) it might still end up being a film I don’t like but at least I’ll get to see what the guy’s plan was for this right through to the end. I’m hoping/assuming this will feel like a more complete movie than the current JL even if the FX don’t end up being big release quality.

It will probably still be a lot of the same material with that big stupid sewer fight and a super ugly, bland steppenwolf but I’m really not sure how it can be worse that the Justice League film that already exists so as a fan of the Justice League brand and stuff I’m happy they are getting a second shot at it. Even if I still end up not liking it. 

Once more, with feeling

latest?cb=20191007084242

Before I went to see the film, I was completely unaware of the moustache thing. It was only when I was watching it, I kept thinking 'what is wrong with his face?' especially the phone bit at the beginning.

57 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Cutting out Flash and giving Cyborg some backstory would be a good change though.

I think a case of one or the other would have worked better. Flash is mostly pointless other than comic relief and Cyborg is a literal plot device. A single character could have incorporated all of the above.

Now, they're saying The Batman will be "darker" than previous films. I'm a bit dubious of that and it has left me with questions.

1. The tone was pretty dark with the Burton movies. Hard to conceive of something darker in tone than Returns, without it being ridiculous. 
  2. Too many characters? There is already a massive cast, in comparison to the previous "first" Batman films. It is harder to balance tone with an ensemble piece, as observed in Justice League above. Almost setting themselves up to fail.
  3. Batman and Alfred have been recast now, so are they unofficially sweeping the canon of the Snyder films under the rug? Only Aquaman paid any kind of reference to prior events.

Interview with Andy Serkis

I'm just assuming The Batman is supposed to be like Joker and will barely be connected to the original character and is going to be some loose arthouse type thing again.

Although I didn't like Joker I'm all down for this weird Taxi Driver universe thing they're going for.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

Was Returns that dark? I haven't seen it for about 15 years, and I know it wasn't like the Kilmer and Clooney films, but I don't remember it being particularly gritty. I might be mistaken though.

It was "Tim Burton dark". Not in it's dialogue so much but in its set pieces and themes:

- Film opens with "monster" child discarded into a sewer

- Selina thrown through a window to her death, with the camera trailing her the entire way

- Penguin - Literally everything he does

- Batman drops goon down a manhole with a bomb and smiles as he explodes.

- Overarching revenge plot to kill children

3 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I'm just assuming The Batman is supposed to be like Joker and will barely be connected to the original character and is going to be some loose arthouse type thing again.

Although I didn't like Joker I'm all down for this weird Taxi Driver universe thing they're going for.

Perhaps with the success of Joker, they really are going to use that film as the basis for a new Batman continuity? Instead of either trying to connect Joker to the previous films or make it a one shot.

If we're not counting wisecracking midlife crisis Batman from Justice League, his last four movie appearances have been pretty dark IMO. Nolan's trilogy is hardly uplifting afternoon fun and Batman v Superman was rather gritty too, though mostly for the wrong reasons. The only way you can make a "darker" movie as those four is probably by upping the violence levels, which I think would be unnecessary.

I don't see the large cast as a problem so far but I really don't like the actor for the Riddler. Maybe it's because I've been watching Gotham and the guy who plays him there is perfect for the role but I remain sceptical. Kravitz as Catwoman is a surprisingly good fit though, as is Farrell as Penguin, for some weird reason.