passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

Ezra Miller: The Flash star begins treatment for 'complex mental health issues'

image.jpeg

Actor Ezra Miller, who plays The Flash in DC Comics films, has begun treatment for "complex mental health issues".

In a statement, the non-binary star apologised to those they had "alarmed and upset" with their recent behaviour.

Miller, 29, was recently charged over an alleged burglary in Vermont, and has been arrested twice in Hawaii.

Their statement to film site Variety comes amid uncertainty over whether the controversies will affect the planned 2023 release of the film The Flash.

The actor previously played the superhero in Justice League, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, and appeared in the Fantastic Beasts films.

'Necessary work'

The star has also faced allegations of acting inappropriately toward a 12-year-old girl who is now reportedly under a temporary harassment prevention order, and grooming and brainwashing an 18-year-old who also now has a protective order.

In the statement, Miller said: "Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment.

"I want to apologise to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behaviour.

"I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life."

There has been speculation about the fate of The Flash, the first film to be led by Miller's character, and whether the actor's recent headline-making behaviour could lead studio Warner Bros to put it out with little promotional fanfare or even cancel its release.

Earlier this month, studio chief executive David Zaslav said he was "very excited" for the movie to be released next year.

• 4 weeks later...

A little late for this one, but it's generating a lot of chatter online. I don't think it will be good (The Rock is the headliner, after all) but it might be watchable at least.

Oh and no, @Maf Apparently that's not Trigon.

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit of history here. For those who don't know, Tim Curry was originally going to be the voice of Joker in Batman: The Animated Series. Ultimately, Mark Hamill got the role, when Curry's voice wasn't deemed right. Now we get to listen to what might have been. 

I don't read spoilers before seeing movies, unless it's something I don't really care that much about (eg a crap film like the last spiderman lol). Just don't understand the idea that the film is unwatchable when you know what's going to happen.

It's like not watching a horror film cause you know where the jump scares are or something like that

I'll never get it, and I don't think that analogy works all that well. FWIW, it's not that I think a film is unwatchable if you know spoilers, it just takes away a lot of the fun as you know what's coming. When I have had stuff spoilt in the past like the ending of Amazing Spidey 2 for example, I still went but it ruined the film completely at the end as all the impact of what happens was taken away and I was left in my head going 'yep, cunts' at who ruined it for me.

Last Spider-Man was banging too (reviewed well & public liked it). I think hearing rumours is fine, before Spidey I'd heard the rumours, I know what the rumours are about this film but I don't want that confirmed, I want my face to light up and a smile come on my face when I see a scene for the first time, not put out just a knowing nod before sighing and walking out the cinema. I go to these films in part because of huge cool reveals, so they're the thing I don't want spoilt most of all.

fwiw there are films where I would consider not knowing stuff to be important, but I've never thought that about these films cause the marketing machine just ends up spoiling it all anyway cause the actors involved have to do interview circuits after the fact and get jobs on the back of the fact they were in a huge franchise film. So imo I consider it all utterly unimportant and most of it is just about revealing the next step in the IP owner's content strategy.

Anyway I saw that spiderman film and don't really care if it reviewed well, it was imo the worst Spiderman film I've seen and the first Holland one (homecoming or homeward or something) was better cause of how good Michael Keaton was in it, and the first two Sam Raimi films both better than that. They massively wasted that cast in the last one they did.

Anyway I don't really care what people prefer or don't prefer, but none of these films have been elevated for me personally by an after credits scene (and there are a few mcu ones I consider pretty good, none of the DC films are good tho they all suck really bad from what I've seen, edit except for the last Batman film I really liked that one actually. Even then that was good cause of its style and directing approach, not cause of last minute twists. In fact the last minute twist almost ruined the film lol)

That's fair enough, and you're perfectly entitled to feel that way. These big event films are personally what gets me most excited, if someone had ruined Endgame for me I legit would've distraught, legit distraught. You may think that's pathetic I absolutely love these films and to get a big reveal spoilt or a big death or something spoilt would piss me right off. 

All I mean when I say the last Spidey was good, is the consensus amongst the public and critics was that it was good, you can have your view on it of course, I personally loved it and it's probably my favourite ever Spidey film. I do like the others you mention to though.

A lot of post-credits scenes have been cool for me, maybe not elevated the film as such (except maybe in the case of FfH's post-credits scene as that puts a whole different spin on the movie) but it's a great talking point on your way out the cinema and gets you hyped for what's to come. For me at least.