passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

• 3 weeks later...

There's a new Young Justice season coming. I haven't seen the third one yet because for some reason I can't find it anywhere but I really enjoyed the first two. Surprisingly mature at times despite being a kids show first and foremost.

Here’s the full presentation as well

Looks cool. I forgot Dr Fate and Hawkman were going to be in this. I wonder what the set up for the movie will be. By the end of it Black a Adam will be a anti-hero/redeemed to a point I expect, but for most of the movie he is fighting superheroes? Sounds good to me. 

The only thing is they mention the ‘DC Universe’ in this trailer. Lol I don’t know what that is anymore. Really think it’s such a cluster fuck they should just let go of the idea of the DC Universe. But oh well. It doesn’t matter I guess. 

Well he is the main character and played by the Rock. They will try to make him likeable in some way.

Just watched the trailer for Peacemaker. Looks so funny. Can’t wait to finally watch Suicide Squad one day. 

Spoiled already...

Although I can't say I noticed if he was in the trailer or not, the new look of Riddler in The Batman has been revealed already. Via pre-orders for the toys....

Spoiler

8c51510f-f654-4912-b385-0b5b705c7cfb.jpg

Not quite Jim Carrey's leotard but, for a Super Villain, I did expect a little more effort. Hopefully, there is a bit more to it, in the film. I thought we were veering away from the drab 'bad guy in regular clothes' of the early MCU? All of Batman's villains, even the naff ones, are supposed to be visually eye catching. 

🤔

25 minutes ago, mmmark said:

An image of him was leaked in May. 

I remember that now. But at the time, there were so many fake trailers and stuff going around for The Batman, I just assumed it was a Riddler goon. Not actually him. Admittedly, with the bowler hat and bandit mask, comic Riddler would just look like Jim Carrey's iteration in Live Action. I think it is just the balaclava that I'm on the fence with. A bit too Bane, to me.

• 2 months later...

I rented Suicide Squad. That film is great but I think goes off the rails at the end. I know it’s meant to be a ridiculous movie, but the way it ends is too ridiculous for me.

But I really enjoyed the humour, it does a lot of things I didn’t expect in terms of who lives and dies, they made Starro legit. Which is why the end feels weird because it’s like no way could the Suicide Squad beat him (especially the way they do), but they made Starro look cool and scary so that’s good. 

It didn’t really ring true as a DC movie or comic book movie. But I’m not quite sure why. Too much blood, too nasty, characters aren’t likeable in the way you would expect from a superhero movie, but they’re not believable as super villains either. These characters don’t exist in a comic book world to me. Which is not a deal breaker, I still enjoyed it, and it’s not a piss take like Joker which is a good thing, but this is not a ‘good’ DC movie. 

Not that it needs to be. But there are some DC characters I really like and one day it would be nice to see that stuff on the big screen instead of what they keep making, which is very much not that. 

Except for the last 15 minutes though. Kinda really good, I liked it a lot

New Batman trailer

I dunno. I want to see this film, the trailer looks cool, but I’m not very hype for it right now. I don’t really know what I want from this film, so it’s hard to criticise, but I know what I’m seeing isn’t it.