MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

Titans season 2 trailer

Deathstroke?

Conner?

Donna Troy in her costume?

Krypto?!

Yeah this trailer is not great. But I kind of enjoyed Titans season 1 for what it was so would watch this

EDIT: Althouh I will say I still hate Hawk and Dove and they have the worst costumes in all of Comic Book TV that I can remember.

This new Joker movie looking crazy 

On the one hand it looks spectacular, but on the other hand I can’t reconcile the fact that it has nothing to do with the Joker. I will definitely see it and I think it looks awesome but it’s either a project that got handed to someone and they did something really different and inspired with it, or someone had a great idea for a movie they couldn’t get greenlit so they got it made under the guise of a comic book film. Maybe it’s just me but without a Batman this just doesn’t feel complete.

Fucking Deniro is in, though, that was pretty shocking ?

Really interested in seeing what happens with this Joker thing

Whole thing has a vibe of some guy sneaking in a hard to watch arthouse film on an unsuspecting audience. The feeling I'm getting is it could be a lot like The Master, very well acted and shot but arse-achingly hard to watch and sit through

Maybe this becomes DC's niche for a while. A pretentious cinematic universe. Rob Pattinson is playing Batman soon and I suspect that the only way they get a guy like that to be up for a comic film is it it's a carte blanche to do weird arty shit as well. I'd be down to see some of that anyway, rather than shit like Justice League 2.

I’d be up for that as well. There’s already too much Marvel for their to be another company also trying to do what Marvel does.

I thought that’s what the ‘original’ DC universe was going to be. Not art house per se, but something a bit more serious, realistic or mature*. But then they just went and made bad films instead and tried to ‘Marvel up’ their films when they weren’t landing. Missing the point that their films didn’t have broad appeal because of the lack of jokes and colour. They were just boring, cynical and rushed.

I’m really liking the look of the Joker movie, I just don’t know why it’s called the Joker. I’m convinced this was a film the director had been sitting on for ages and couldn’t get greenlit until he very forcibly pushed a square peg into a Joker sized hole and went “Boom. Comic book movie”. 

It doesn’t sit right with me, but I can’t deny how amazing these trailers are. I won’t go to the cinema to watch it but will when it comes to streaming. 

I feel like a hypocrite because I’m up for this but am boycotting Venom. I can’t justify it but fuck Venom.

* Man of Steel trailer

Yeah, there is a very distinct tonal difference between Marvel & DC. Just not the one Snyder was pushing. For example the scene in Shazam wherein Billy confronts his mother would have played out very differently in the MCU. I thought they should have pushed their differences from the beginning. But alas every corporate suit thought just slapping a "shared universe" together from disparate comic book characters would print money, whether you put work into it or not.... Sigh

I know it doesn’t matter but I find it really annoying that the DC YT channel is presented by people who I have literally seen on other, older YT film shows say “I don’t really like comic book movies” or “I don’t know anything about comics”

Like a presenting gig is a presenting gig so whatever I guess, but it can’t be that hard. Especially when they had Jason Inman who they fired for god knows why who is way more likeable than these idiots AND loves DC comics. 

For the the record I know a couple of them also like DC stuff but most of them don’t and it’s like I get it, it doesn’t matter. But it should.