passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Easy Allies Mega Thread

Rikzilla

On 12/11/2019 at 06:40, wiivo 2.0 said:

The new Achieve It Yourself series they do is good. People send in made up challengers for games on Switch and they get that weeks guests(?) to do them.

I did also try watching the podcast afterwards and ended up on my phone and switching it off after 5 minutes. 

Only seen one of those awhile back but it was great. I just don't have the time to watch much of their stuff anymore, all I've seen recently is some of their reviews really.

I haven't watched the Podcast since March I don't think. 

Box Peek Season 2 came out on Friday though and airs 1 episode every week, loved the first season.

• 3 months later...

Kyle is leaving at the end of April  :(

Bad News: An Announcement from Kyle
First the blunt facts:
I’ll be leaving Easy Allies and Los Angeles at the end of next month
My last solo stream will be Friday, April 17th.
My last group stream will be Tuesday, April 21st.
My last Easy Allies Podcast will be posted on Friday, April 24th for early access and publicly on Sunday, April 26th.

Apologies if that was abrupt, I’ve just read a few of these kinds of posts before and the opening sentences are always excruciating as you’re just waiting to get to the bad news.

And I realize this is bad news in a time of rampant bad news. I have a job that I love working with people I love for a community I love and yet today I’m announcing that, after four years with Easy Allies, it’s time for me to go.
Before anything else I need to make it clear how grateful I am to the Easy Allies community. From March of 2016, when we nervously cobbled Easy Allies together, to today, I feel like a different, calmer, more understanding person. I feel simply better. And, sincerely, not just saying this to be sweet, I owe a great deal of that feeling to this amorphous collection of funny and supportive internet viewers and commenters. I frequently think about the people who have said I’ve improved their day or week or year, and I can only offer my earnest thanks in return and apologize for putting myself first this time.

Our team has known about my exit for a while and have been making plans to cover my absence. The Easy Allies Podcast will of course continue; Jones will nurture it like his very own podcast. Gundam streams will carry on, Damiani will produce Achieve It Yourself, and Don has promised to pick up my slack for future betting specials. No one has volunteered to take over my trash bag duties yet.

As for my own future, I can’t say where I’m going. Not in a fun way where I have a sweet gig lined up that has to stay secret for now, I actually don’t know. Usually people who write these will say “Can’t wait to see what’s next, very excited! I’m very young baby!” but to be honest with you I’m terrified of not knowing what’s next, and that’s sort of the point.

My fear is that your fear is that I’ll just go do what I’m doing now somewhere else. That’s not what I’m looking for. I’m looking for my life’s Main Thing, something that demands my full potential and potentially fully failing at it. Currently I feel like I’m eating french fries every day. I love french fries, I will always eat french fries, but I'm coming to realize I have to eat more than french fries.

This is also to say that I don’t imagine I’ll disappear forever. I want to get my Main Thing established, or at least get on the path to this nebulous Main Thing, and then figure out my french fries from there. I told you I’m streaming a full playthrough of Digimon World and you better believe I’m going to follow through on that. I’m just not going to start up my own Twitch channel next week. Please understand if I’m offline for a while. 

If you have questions, concerns, advice, or just want to make sure this isn’t a prank, I’m starting tonight’s stream a half hour early to give us all a chance to talk about everything. ( 8:30pm PT on twitch.tv/easyallies )

Once more I’d like to thank the supporters of Easy Allies. I only have this opportunity because of everything you’ve given us. You might have noticed I’ve stopped using “Love and Respect” as a signoff in Patreon posts. Secretly I just hated seeing it used against us as the stupidest ironic checkmate in comments sections. However, I’d like to indulge in the notion one last time as I feel it’s especially appropriate in this situation.

Love and Respect,
Kyle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I been watching these, Damiani catching up Brad's ninja on current FFXIV content. Featuring Nier raid part II and the finale of Shadowbringers

Damiani is a great WHM, trying to pick stuff off his playstyle. I main Scholar so it's a bit more active than WHM but easier to find a flow with

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched the actual GoTY. I really like the best 7/10 and finish in 1 night categories. Smart. Although Resi 3 is a bit of a stretch being in the 1 night category.

I really wish GB would do a proper edited video of their category noms and winners plus top 10 or their individual top 10’s like this where they include video footage. They’re like a budget company in that respect, just about every other GOTY video out there puts the effort in, they seem lazy in comparison. 

Yea GB are phoning it in a lot now. I wouldn't tend to watch EZA much but to their credit they get across why the game that got GOTY is so good in easy to understand terms.

Spoiler

This will sound elitist/exclusive but imo the fact that it's almost* unanimous on that panel how good Half Life Alyx was is kind of a testament to the fact it deserved more awards this year. They barely even talked about Hades or FFVII. I don't know if it's a 'Mario 64' moment like that one dude said cause I've not got that frame of reference, either to Mario or VR in general. But it's pure Valve level design leveraging the best parts of VR that have already been established by what came before.

I wish I could loan my headset out to people to play it. 

*The only one who didn't have it as goty is the Damiani who gets sick in VR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems like such an obvious formula. Just take the RPD from RE2 remake and make a simple objective where you have to scatter around getting keys to escape. Give people roles like being able to mix herbs, use lockpicks, or people who can use guns or knives. Have a time limit so you can't all group together and do it slowly, maybe the knife guy has to split from the gun guy (maybe with the herb guy cause they would take more damage). Maybe one character could have computer skills and be able to hack computers and see where zombies spawn in. Give me a job capcom