Sign in to follow this  
Nag

Rage 2

This has crept up on me as well 😮

I'm bound to love it provided its similar to the last, I really liked that one - apart from the awful ending which which was rushed and like "..... Wha??" 

I've put about 4 hours into this so far and I really really like it! The guns and abilities feels great and there seems to be plenty of carnage to get through so it's exactly what I wanted. I had to reload twice near the start because I had a bug that meant dialogue wasn't triggering so I was trapped in a room, even that doesn't really impact on my overall opinion of the game which should tell you how much I'm liking the rest of it. 

Got to a town in some swamps that was incredibly gay. There were a couple of bros indulging in some skinmanship and playing a game of slaparse. Then a bunch of dudes lying round with buttplugs and a crossdressing bartender with a hairy chest. Radical. 

Only issue at the moment is the story which is kind of suffering from a split personality. At times it's funny and silly, then you'll have to sit through some dry exposition about... something. I don't pay attention. So it feels kind of like someone came in part way through development and said, "neon pop punk is the next big thing so do it" and they just chucked a bunch if that in there. The whole game is a bit like that actually, parts of it are grey and brown, then all of a sudden there will be a big splash of neon. It's not too bad because that sort of thing lends itself well to being unpredictable but it does feel like a marketing tool rather than something that is a core part of the game's identity.

Pro tip. You can change time of day in photomode and it stays that time in game. Helpful if you don't want the curtains closed. 

I'm enjoying it - it's a nice, dumb first person shooter with some great gun play. I've unlocked a few of the abilities, the 'force push' one is fun when you gib someone into a wall. There seems to be a lot of random stuff going on in the world as well to mix things up. There's been a few moments as well where it just throws a lot of stuff at you at once which gives a nice sense of panic as you're tearing around in a dingy corridor with a shotgun.

I think this game may have one of the best shotguns in gaming period... It's brilliant.

Opened up a few new powers today, I've just been mucking about in it so far though... I've only done two of the opening three missions, every time I go to drive somewhere a new icon opens up on the map and diverts my attention.

I really love this game. In terms of open world games I reckon it has some of the best mechanics I've experienced. The shooting just feels so great and empowering. I have unlocked most of the abilities now and chaining from enemy to enemy feels satisfying and meaty. 

The story has picked up as well with it being less obviously split between serious and jokey, instead finding a middle ground through a great use of camp and over the top characters. So many of the characters in the game are hyper sexualized and it features one of my favourite things. Ugly people acting sexy. I fucking love ugly people acting sexy. The scene where Xerxes meets Ephialtes in 300 is a good example, or anything by John Waters. This has a great scene at Mutant Bash with some random old hag that surrounds herself with sexy bois and gurls and when the game really commits to these moments it's very entertaining. Also nice to see sexualized content without it just being a big old pair of tiddies. Vaguely NSFW but you should be fine. 

Spoiler

PS_Messages_20190519_172929.jpg

Here is a random clip of a fight I got into earlier and pretty much everything in the game feels like this. Frantic, explosive and over the top. It's dope, yo.