passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Splinter Cell Remake

DisturbedSwan

Conviction is fucking sick. I hated it when it first came out because it was so different but after returning to it, it became my favourite. It was such a brave change in direction for the series and I honestly feel great shame for being so negative towards it originally. It's the only game in the series I actually remember the story for. 

I felt like that it way too far away from what that brand is. Became very much a tight, controlled action game where options were at best available sometimes and at worst stealth was completely impossible. 

I think it was just a very different type of stealth. I like to play the ghost style and tried to get through Conviction that way which is a frustrating, even broken experience. Once you can adjust to the new predator style of gameplay and realize the objection is to get from A to B unseen still but leaving behind a trail of dead bodies. It becomes a slick and empowering experience. Something very rare for a stealth game. 

• 3 years later...

A remake that potentially has some interest from me. I haven't played Splinter Cell in a long time. It tickles me that while the knife concept art piece is just for effect. It is indicative of doing the game wrong😄 I still vividly recall finishing Chaos Theory with no shots fired and undetected. Feeling like a real spy/ninja.

I remember people used to compare the stealth in SC to MGS. Although it was basically apples and oranges, in approach. Hopefully this remains in tact. Cautiously optimistic of this one.