passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cheat or Clever?

therealjaxon

Just thinking.... 

Playing Crackdown 3 last night, second from last boss (hardest difficulty so a little tricky) but on one attempt, I accidentally jumped out of the area behind a fence and found a wall to hide behind.

So I'm like ?..... ?

Next reload, I go straight for the fence, hide behind the wall, and there I am jumping up, firing a barrage of missiles then scurrying behind the wall, rinse and repeating until boss defeated.

?

Must admit I feel a bit cheaty but hey, if there's an opportunity to be exploited then why not hey? ?

So is that being a lazy cheat or simply fair enough? Anyone else have similar examples in other games? (must be a ton surely!? ?

I really dislike it and will generally reload my game if I get to a challenge and somehow get past it through cheesy methods. Unless I don't like the game or the challenge is wonky in which case I'll generally just be glad to see the back of it. It's one of the reasons I've never got on with From's games. It seems like there are a million ways to cheese your way through and when Demon's Souls came out I remember half of the strats for beating bosses involved kiting them around or exploiting AI. 

similar in that I sometimes feel like I've robbed myself of something, but there are times where I've used the flaws in A.I to my advantage. you are supposed to best the AI after all, you aren't doing anything wrong. I remember a fight in Borderlands 2 where there was no real cover to use, rather than just die repeatedly I found that when I died I wasn't getting brought back in to the arena properly and couldn't get back in because of a wall that had spawned (to keep me in there), so I found a spot to shoot through and took the boss down from there

3 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

In Dark Souls II you can easily cheat the AI's pathfinding to make them do dumb shit

??

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

there are times where I've used the flaws in A.I to my advantage. you are supposed to best the AI after all

Thats a good way of putting it ?

9 hours ago, Nag said:

I know in Gears of War (maybe the Ultimate Edition too) that you could make General RAAM glitch onto a wall and get stuck there unable to move, so you could kick his ass at your leisure, I could never actually get it to work though.

As far as I'm concerned do what you like in single player games it's only you it affects... Finding glitches and the like in multi should be a criminal offence.?

Agreed on multi ?

Found another on last boss as well but I'll save that for the dedicated thread ?