passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

radiofloyd

I was going to say. I played Crisis Core and I can’t remember how that game ends full stop. Mind about quote it.

EDIT: No, I think Zack dies at the end on a hill or something. But I don’t know why or how. Cloud is there, maybe. Someone is there.

That game has a roulette battle system. Like Tifa?

My CC review. 6/10

Crisis Core is 75% really good and 25% really terrible. The villain is like what if V from dmc5 was completely unironic with all the edgelord poetry stuff.

I'm expecting the good parts of Crisis Core will be in one of the future remakes anyway. Zack gon die again in 4K HDR.

Next big blowout for this will have to be about the Turks. Will Quinton Flynn aka Raiden aka Axel still be playing Reno.

I want an HD remaster of Crisis Core, I loved that game.

Genesis can get to fuck town though. I'm really worried the Genesis stuff will get shoehorned into FFVIIR as his story wasnt resolved - he turns up in the stinger for Dirge of Cerberus.

I'd like an HD remaster of that too actually. 

I think my big problem with Cloud is I can’t reconcile how someone so psychologically weak could have the fortitude to save the world. It’s like well if Zack didn’t die he would of dealt with this shit straight away.

And also who the fuck is Zack? CC aside when they make that reveal in FF7 it’s a very Japanese thing to out of nowhere introduce a new character that is meant to be cared about and mean something and it’s like you’ve pulled this card well too late.  This is why stories introduce their characters in the beginning while you’re still open to caring about new things. Not a million hours in and be like “Oh, and this guy” nope it’s too late. I have already locked in in the characters I care about 

That is something I think JRPG’s struggle with in general. Like when a game adds new party members you can use half way through the game and it’s like nope. I know the characters I like now, leave them be

Random lunch time rant over 

JRPGs struggle a lot with storytelling in general. Mass Effect had no problem introducing memorable characters in the third game despite also giving you the option to take fan favorites from the first game with you on missions. And that's simply because Mordin, for example, is a well-written character and the game allows you to spend time with him. JRPGs only allow character interactions whenever they feel like it and while the writing is usually uber-dramatic and unrealistic it's hard to see those character as relatable people. FFXII is the only big JRPG I know of that feels kind of down-to-earth in the way its characters interact with each other. Probably no coincidence that it's my favorite FF. Persona, too, maybe.

I don't think Genesis will be in the remake. It's alleged that the whole reason we haven't seen HD re-releases of DoC and CC is due to issues surrounding Gackt's likeness in those games.

So both of those are probably in the same status as Star Wars EU now

Spoilers I guess. ?

The Zack stuff will surely be handled a bit better here, if they're already foreshadowing it with Sephiroth's scene in the trailer. I don't think it was even that bad in the original anyway. Yeah Zack is just a cipher for the ideal version of who Cloud really wanted to be. But that whole reveal was the best story moment of the game and I think it's why Cloud works for people. He faked it until he made it.

Blakey will hate all these spoilers but he had 22 years to catch up ?

The best moment for me with Cloud is when it’s him and Tifa when they are young and they sitting on top of the water tank (?) And he’s talking about going off and joining soldier. Actually that might be my favourite scene in the game. 

I think it’s why I dislike the idea of Zack so much because it’s like oh those moments weren’t even yours and you’re not the guy Tifa likes. It’s like when you had a friend that was awesome and then you make new friends and they think you’re awesome and then the awesome friend comes back and everyone forgets you

Or something

It’s like fuck off Zack

But then Cloud makes it worse because he pretends to be he’s awesome friend and it’s like oh this is why they forget you you’re a weirdo

No Zack goes to her town and she meets him and gets horny for him. Then because Cloud is a weirdo he pretends that was him later. That’s why there’s a bit in FF7 when Tifa says to him “There’s things you remember that you shouldn’t and things you don’t remember that you should” or something because he put himself in Zack’s shoes. She’s like “How do you know that?” And the answer is because Cloud is wackadoodle 

18 minutes ago, Maf said:

No Zack goes to her town and she meets him and gets horny for him.

Is what you said. She was the party guide in Nibelheim, nothing more. There was no "whole adventure together". They both independently confronted Sephiroth. Zack even ran past her body to fight him. 

I’m pretty sure in that conversation her and Cloud has in the trippy life stream scene that is where she says that he is getting mixed up with Zack because Cloud remembers doing all that shit in Nibelwhatever and she’s like “No, dork”. 

And I stand by what I said she was all over Zack’s dick 

Anyway, original point being everything to do with Zack makes Cloud lame. How did he go through one thing and freak out so much he imagined this whole other life, and then goes on to be the one to save everyone? He is to mentally weak to do so.