passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

radiofloyd

Square is known for making vast, sprawling worlds in their FF titles. Even FF13 AKA Long Narrow Hallways: The Game, had a world map, right at the end of the game. If they are looking to buck that trend, this isn't the title to gamble on. The backlash would be considerable.

Yeah, with Cloud you have to just accept it. Not even the Mountain could swing that sword but at least his arms have a bit of muscle tone to them (unlike the first version they showed in 2015).

Tifa's just a stick though. A curvy stick, but a stick nonetheless.

Overall though I think the designs are good. I can imagine that it wasn't an easy job to make them look modern and believable while simultaniously respecting the legacy and fan expectations and they probably managed to make them look as good as they possibly could within those constraints.

1 hour ago, RikSP said:

Apparently people are angry over the size of Tifa's tits

I cheered. Thought they were a good size and she still dressed like a ho. 

As for the characters' builds, its anime.  They always posses a lot of strength in those skinny limbs. 

I can't remember where I heard this theory but I like it.  This game is just going to be Midgar that will have more than the original.  This means it could be a small (in JRPG standers) but anyone who's played a Yakuza game knows you can pack an area like that.  What this also does is it keeps the game within reach of this generation, and the open parts of the game can hopefully be pulled off better next gen. 

31 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

I can't remember where I heard this theory but I like it.  This game is just going to be Midgar that will have more than the original. 

They literally say that in the conference.

Ah crap, what if this is like what Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes was to Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain?

It is a weird association to get out of my head, but I just think of Midgar as a tutorial area. That the game doesn't actually start until you leave the city. After my first playthrough I always tried to go through it as quickly as possible. It was only when you left the city and as you reached Kalm, you even had access to select your party members. Obviously things will be laid out differently here but, the thought of more Midgar actually makes me apprehensive. 

11 minutes ago, RikSP said:

They literally say that in the conference.

Ah crap, what if this is like what Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes was to Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain?

The bit I was referring to as a theory was the other bit.  Just giving context there. 

I think it'll be bigger than Ground Zeroes. 

Jim Sterling's take

There's a lot I don't agree with except where he says they are just going to overdo Sephiroth so much in this game. His status as a great villain has already kind of being messed up anyway, but in these trailers he just comes across like a needy guy with oneitis for Cloud.

Im pretty sure they have said it wont just be Midgar in the game but if they wanted to, the amount of Midgar is enough to warrant its own game.

As with anything good or bad, there is ALWAYS a backlash now. You cant have a single thing that people like without a fucking neg army coming along. The trailer looked great, I cant wait to play it and im hoping they can bring some of the magic that FF15 had into this game, if they do that with open world bit at the end then this will be really special. 

Hmmm, If memory serves, you only really saw Him twice in Disc One, originally. Kalm Town flashback and in his Egg during the Black Materia bit. I'm guessing they are going to have the Other visits be a lot more frequent. 

Sephiroth is a known quantity now so hiding him away is kinda pointless, narratively.  I think it is better they build up his relationship with Cloud through these mind games. 

I'd even like it if they did something different with the death of Aeris to try and catch people off guard.