passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

radiofloyd

So, it’s been a long time coming. Been ages since we first saw this announced. And yet, here it is. 
Very much intend to make the most of this, as I absolutely loved the original. The demo is pretty much the entirety of Chapter 1, though there’s a few scenes added that the demo didn’t include. Played through to what feels like the end of Chapter 2. 

Jesus tapdancing Christ, this looks gorgeous. And I say that playing on my day one PS4. I’m not a massive graphic fanatic, but it’s hard to deny that this is a stunning game visually. I’m loving the throwbacks to the original soundtrack, which was one of the best OSTs of all time. 

If you’ve played the demo, you’ll know how satisfying the combat feels. 
One difference I have noted is how summons work. I got a Chocobo summon for pre-ordering. But I couldn’t work out how to actually summon it, as there was no option to do so. Halfway through a fight, a Summon waiting bar appeared, and told me that once that bar fills, the summon shows up. Only I killed all the enemies before that happened. Ah well.

Very much looking forward to how this plays out. It’s definitely made a brilliant first impression.

Definitely. Personally I know the original inside and out. There is nothing [of note] these trailers can spoil for me, but if you missed the boat in '97 (and the numerous subsequent re-releases since) these trailers are practically spelling out the game, beat for beat. Which really isn't fair to the new audience, however, it is what trailers do in this day and age.