passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

radiofloyd

FF VII was originally a Playstation exclusive, so I don't see why this wouldn't be, albeit a timed one?

Reading the comments on that link, awful lot of self-entitled there, that seem to forget the FF series being multi-platform is a very new concept.

A "right" to think they should individually be catered to, in all things? Again, that just sounds self-entitled.

FFVII to XII (excluding XI) were Sony's babies. Arguably they did more to raise the series profile than the confusing localisation history of the Nintendo era titles. I don't even have a PS4 and see no problem with an exclusivity window. Which is the important part to remember - it is only a window, other platforms will get it eventually.

Let's not forget, Square is a Japanese dev. X-box still means next to nothing to them. The PC platform means slightly more, due to FF14's resurgent success. 

Also there is nothing inherently wrong with First Party exclusives, provided your particular platform actually makes good ones. The old Green Eyed Monster often being what that trail of thought stems from.

No, get more exclusives, all over, get as many bullets in that chamber as possible. If there is going to be two big consoles on the market at any given time than I want the competition to be fierce, fun and exciting. It brings more value to the industry as a whole to have competitive options and makes me feel like I get more value out of purchasing these system when they’re not a couple of interchangeable boxes with different logos. 

I’m disappointed this is a timed exclusive, it should be a real PS4 exclusive instead. 

Just now, Maf said:

No, get more exclusives, all over, get as many bullets in that chamber as possible. If there is going to be two big consoles on the market at any given time than I want the competition to be fierce, fun and exciting. It brings more value to the industry as a whole to have competitive options and makes me feel like I get more value out of purchasing these system when they’re not a couple of interchangeable boxes with different logos. 

I’m disappointed this is a timed exclusive, it should be a real PS4 instead. 

100% agree. The competition between Nintendo and SEGA created games that shaped the gaming world. The fact that Sony and Microsoft have become creatively lax and multi-platform reliant, makes them redundant as distinct platform options.

I’m not saying either is creatively lax or redundant but I’m saying the more games you can only get on that platform than the higher value that platform holds. And as someone who regularly ends up with both I want them to have as much value as possible. One of the reasons I’m so excited about the next Xbox is because of how many studios Xbox bought and have exclusives cooking up for them only. A game system is nothing without the game, so the more exclusive ones it has the more exciting that platform is. 

I think timed exclusives are valueless to the audience. The only people that benefit are the 3rd party publisher because they save on marketing. 

36 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

timed exclusives are just dickish, it's saying you don't care about some of your audience as much as others 

I think that is the point. For an example, I go back to the Souls series. The series started with Demon's Souls (much like FF VII started the PSOne era) so that is where the core fanbase is and who is primarily catered to. Hence why Bloodborne debuted on the PS and where Demon's Souls remains. Also doesn't help, if in the native country of origin, your particular platform is largely ignored.

The last timed exclusive I remember were the two Star Wars characters in Soul Calibur 4, Yoda and Darth Vader. By the time Yoda was available on PS3 (a bit longer than a year, if memory serves) did lead some, myself included, to the realisation the grass isn't always greener... 

RE: Redundancy, this gen in particular, I just think Playstation and Xbox are essentially the same thing. There simply isn't enough to differentiate between them. Nintendo and SEGA never had that issue,  akin to complacency.

How would you know you don’t own either. You don’t get Gamepass because of complacency, you get it because one product was way in the back and desperate for a hook. Proving that competition is good, and the best things both competitors can provide is games

Just now, OCH said:

:lol: Just because I don't own them, doesn't mean I haven't played them...

Well you obviously haven’t played enough of them because you think they are basically the same thing. It was only yesterday you said you didn’t know what Gamepass is.

This argument is fucking stupid, Final Fantasy started on a Nintendo system.

There's nothing useful about timed exclusives. I don't have an xbox and am currently PC-less but I'd like to change that at least. But the PS4 version of the game will undoubtedly have worse image quality and framerate than the other two (except for base xbox).

Also lends credence to my belief that the version we are seeing in trailers isn't the PS4 or Pro version. Looks far too clean imo

10 minutes ago, OCH said:

RE: Redundancy, this gen in particular, I just think Playstation and Xbox are essentially the same thing. There simply isn't enough to differentiate between them. Nintendo and SEGA never had that issue,  akin to complacency

What is this then^?

I’m not getting into these infinitely circular conversations anymore, you’re just wrong calling them lazy and complacent. 

Moving past that, timed exclusives are dumb, and I’m not saying this has to be PS4 exclusive only, let it be Switch of (eep) Xbox or whatever. I just get disappointed when the info comes out that something isn’t exclusive at all, because regardless where they lie I think they are healthy overall even if segments of people get pissed off by it

11 minutes ago, Maf said:

What is this then^?

I’m not getting into these infinitely circular conversations anymore, you’re just wrong calling them lazy and complacent. 

Still just talking about the games. But whatever, moving on.

Hate to say it, but I'm on @Maf's side here.

Your argument is redundant. It originally comes across as the systems and their usability. Then when maf pulls something up to show their differences and supports his own argument you move the goalposts and say you're talking about the games.

If you're taking games, PS4 has between 70 and 90 exclusives depending on your criteria. Everything from Spider-Man and Horizon: Zero Dawn to Astro Boy VR and party games like Chimparty.

I can't actually find a list for Xbox but that definitely has a lot of 'big-box' exclusives and a fair few download exclusives, quality not withstanding. Crackdown 3, Gears 5, Forza Motorsport/Horizon series. I'm still gonna count Cuphead and Ori & The Wild Forest too.

Both systems have their own niches. Both systems have their own distinct appeal.

You're doing what you always do here and repeatedly changing your own criteria to meet an argument you're making badly in the first place.

Back on topic though: Final Fantasy VII should either be fully PS4 exclusive, given that's where it was originally released, or it should be released on everything. By the time it's released on Xbox/Switch, the excitement will have worn off (unless it's released at the same time as part 2.)

On 10/12/2019 at 08:11, OCH said:

The fact that Sony and Microsoft have become creatively lax and multi-platform reliant, makes them redundant as distinct platform options.

That is where the conversation started, directly addressing games, before we cherry-picked, and subsequent comments were read out of context. But bandwagons and blanket assumptions are always more fun. I don't care either way.

3 minutes ago, OCH said:

multi-platform reliant

20 minutes ago, regemond said:

If you're taking games, PS4 has between 70 and 90 exclusives depending on your criteria. Everything from Spider-Man and Horizon: Zero Dawn to Astro Boy VR and party games like Chimparty.

I can't actually find a list for Xbox but that definitely has a lot of 'big-box' exclusives and a fair few download exclusives, quality not withstanding. Crackdown 3, Gears 5, Forza Motorsport/Horizon series. I'm still gonna count Cuphead and Ori & The Wild Forest too.

Both systems have their own niches. Both systems have their own distinct appeal.

4 minutes ago, OCH said:

creatively lax

On 10/12/2019 at 09:02, Maf said:

Gamepass

I actually don't need to quote any more of what maf said, because coming up with a full subscription service where you can play over 100 games and buy the ones you want, plus DLC for any of them at 20% discount is one of the most creative things this gen and takes full advantage of the advancements in tech over the last few years.

Strange... You seem to be cherry-picking which bits you want to read too...

15 minutes ago, Maf said:

I really want to ask why he hates to agree with me but it’s such a rarity someone does I’m not going to question it

We've never agreed dude. It all stared on gtm when you hated me for no reason at all. (please note: as far as I'm aware you don't actually hate me!)