passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

radiofloyd

Remember why he was so weak at the point of Zack's death. They were both being experimented on. Due to that trauma, Cloud's mind collapsed and he emulated his friend, the "ideal life" he had dreamt of, as a coping mechanism.

She trying to protect him because otherwise he would know he was a background character! She remembers Zack for all sorts of reasons, mostly because she knows he was the hero of the incident and she is trying to protect her childhood friend from him remembering he’s a loser. 

Anyway, Cloud is a great character cause of how he finds strength at his moment of weakness. It's an arc of self actualisation. Basically about putting a bully in his place. Very empowering for us loser nerds.

Also Zack wasn't even the hero of the incident anyway. He got his ass thrown out of the reactor by Sephiroth, then Cloud ran in and killed him with Zack's sword and then threw Sephiroth into the mako with his own sword. Proving himself as a bona fide cool dude that he is and always was ?

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

I thought Tifa did Sephiroth with the sword and then almost died? ?

No, she ran at him with his sword. They struggled, he disarmed her, slashed at her and she fell down the stairs into a crumpled heap.

Maybe I just remember parts of it incorrectly. If it were left to me to describe that scene it would be Cloud lies on the floor crying while Zack and Tifa bone to the victory theme over Sephiroth’s corpse 

25 minutes ago, Maf said:

Maybe I just remember parts of it incorrectly. If it were left to me to describe that scene it would be Cloud lies on the floor crying while Zack and Tifa bone to the victory theme over Sephiroth’s corpse 

I was looking for a suitable gif/concept art piece of Zack and Cloud for @one-armed dwarf's comment an hour ago. All I found were reminders that the internet is a very.. strange place. That official art comes after "Fan art"?

An "ethics department" being consulted for a video game sounds weird.

The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…

What is that supposed to mean, I wonder? There was nothing overt to cause "physical unease" during that part in the original game. Yet the cross dressing bit is being included exactly as it was, apparently?

5 minutes ago, Nag said:

If that's the bit where it sounds like Cloud gets gang raped by a bunch of men... That causes a little physical unease to me.?

I just had to look up that scene again... ? 

The context of that dialogue went way over my head, back in the day. 1997-1998 I would have been 14, 15, something like that. They should have kept it though, it is entirely offscreen and hardly the most egregious thing in the game. Worse than that happens onscreen EG Cloud beats the shit out of Aeris at the Temple of the Ancients, why Hojo puts Aeris and Red in the same cell etc

1 hour ago, DifferentClass said:

Is there even an ethical way to go with the "it's a trap" plot point?  I guess they could mitigate it but I dunno

Makes you wonder if they will try to recontextualise the whole scene as being "progressive" now ?

17 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I think this quote from the comments best sums it up:

Didn't Nomura say he would focus on the original game instead?

What is the point of a remake if you're going to include all the terrible filth that came after?