passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

radiofloyd

It didn’t occur to me until years later that the FF7 characters weren’t supposed to be Popeye like and when that first CG movie came out I was like what is all this. 

More accustomed to it now now but I still kind of feel that way. I much prefer the PS1 character models than the new ones. Although, yes, the new ones are clearly better. 

New FFVII looks gorgeous, but I’m not sure about the gameplay style, it seems so different to the original  it may as well be a completely different game.

I hope it doesn’t suck, but if it does it doesn’t matter. The original isn’t going anywhere and I can play it on pretty much any system I own anywhere I want. 

I think completely different is the way to go. I think VII isn't like re2 where it's easy to imagine the older game but made new. I'm excited for the fighting if it ends up being like KH, but "heavier" or whatever.

What I still don't like is the thing where they are splitting it up. If the choice is between a heavily truncated, linear but complete remake or The Hobbit Trilogy style of being broken up into parts to cram every single thing in then I'd prefer the former.

I think people will be disappointed that this won't be the big deal game that the first one was but there's nothing wrong with a solid 8/10 arpg either.

With it being so long since the last bit of news I thought maybe they were going to come out with one of those Crash/Spyro style remakes where it is the same game but with big boy graphics. Glad they are going with a more thorough remake still. 

I think old FFVII still plays fine. There haven't been that many leaps in the style of traditional turn based JRPGs so if you can get past the fucky 3D movement on the field the game doesn't feel old. Just looks old. So I'm excited to see a new interpretation of my favourite game, if it sucks it sucks. Like Rik said, the original is still there along with Tifa's huge rack. 

On 05/12/2015 at 20:08, Jimbo Xiii said:

Hmmm. Not convinced. The juxtaposition of super serious and naff dialogue doesn't sit right. Also, Barrat looks like what I image Wesley Snipes would look like playing Blade now.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

Why does Barret look like and sound like a fat Wesley Snipes in Blade?

I was really running with this Wesley snipes thing.

Still not interested. I don't like the switch to Action RPG. I didn't like it in FF13, or beyond, and I still don't. Graphics look nice, I guess. But ultimately, the "episodic" nature of this remake, is a deal breaker.

I think episodic is a really anti-RPG way to release an RPG but I think FF7 is an easy game to chop up.

First part is Midgar. Seems simple. 

2nd part takes you through that Tifa’s childhood town, go to Cosmo Canyon than up to where Aeris dies.

Then you skip the entire 3rd act. Same time Aeris dies, jump straight to putting Cloud in the Lifestream play most of the 3rd act without him, the team hit ups a few memorable hotspots on the west side of the map while looking for him, they find him, big reunion back to Midgar, beat Sephiroth.

Easy. At the end of 2020release GotY edition with all episodes included like one big game

10 minutes ago, Maf said:

I think episodic is a really anti-RPG way to release an RPG but I think FF7 is an easy game to chop up.

Disc 1 - Episode 1

Disc 2 - Episode 2

Disc 3 - Episode 3

That, seems simple enough.

I’ve been saying way before they even announced this game was getting remade but it’s not a game you can gussy up and put back out there. They know that, that’s why they’re doing this. You need to re-edit the whole thing. Particularly the 3rd act that does often delve into random, but typical for the genre, JRPG nonsense that doesn’t really fit. 

As long as it still gives you the freedom to wander the world,  I always liked venturing back to other parts of the map after I had moved on,  I can imagine them putting different parts of the world in different episodes