passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

DisturbedSwan

2120CE74-7CB4-4AE6-A630-DC2EAB4ED041.png

All info from here

This was posted 6 hours ago before this leak so might be real.

States it is a sequel to wildlands
Coming October 4th
PS4, Xbox One and PC
Jon Bernthal is main baddie.

It's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, seems to be a story driven 4 player experience against Cole D. Walker(gone rogue, seems he killed Holt and Midas, possibly Weaver too) and his army of mostly weaponized drones.

Is coming out on October 4th this year, PC PS4 and XBOX.

No news about the multiplayer yet, but there will be a collector's edition called "Wolves" exclusive to the Ubi Store, contains a 24cm figurine of Cole, a map, arts, Year 1 Pass (sigh) and Ultimate Pack (which has some missions, vehicles, cosmetics and early class unlockers) and you can play 3 days before premiere.

There will be gameplay reveal too but flaired as "alpha footage" so I guess nothing final. It's showing a sequence in quite nice jungle, with mud mechanics, then to clearing an outpost.

Yet another over-priced Collectors Edition then, with a statue of a character that you’ll have absolutely no idea if you’ll even like him ingame or not. 

Ah well. Wildlands was a ton of fun, I really enjoyed it despite the mixed reviews. Going up against the Predator was extremely tense, killing him was proper tough. 

Whenever they say Ghost Recon my mind immediately jumps to the 360 games which were super cool. But then I remembered Wildlands was one of the best selling games that year and it’s like, oh, yeah. Never mind. 

You can change classes. Dunno if nerd is one of them. 

That gameplay trailer was manly as fuck. Hells yeah dude. Big time oorah. Had a stiffy the whole time. 

4 minutes ago, Maf said:

I skimmed the trailer. 

1) Is there any gameplay?

2) Yuck to stunt casting John Bernthel. Painful and pointless.

This definitely not an example of stunt casting.  He's a decent actor and especially good at this kinda stuff.  Seems like an honest casting to me. 

Is this gonna be one of those open world games again? 

6 minutes ago, Maf said:

Is there any gameplay?

They showed some but not in that trailer. Looks fun and the camera is a lot closer than it was in Wildlands. Plus you can hoist your friends so goty. 

1 minute ago, DifferentClass said:

Is this gonna be one of those open world games again?

Do Ubi make anything else? I keep wanting a new Splinter Cell but deep down I know that even if they did, it would be some open world clusterfuck. 

Blacklist was fucking phenomenal @Maf, my 2nd favourite SC game after Chaos Theory.

There’s another SC in development. Yves pretty much alluded to as much in his interview with IGN a month or so ago. It might be next-gen though.

One of the problems with Wildlands was the map was way too big for its own good. No doubt Ubi will have learned nothing, and have another massive open world, with not enough actual variety in it.

I did have fun completing Wildlands. But it was more of a “play an hour or so, then do something else” game, as it got repetitive pretty quickly. 

It certainly wasnt like the other GR games, stealth very rarely came into play.