passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Play/Want/Bin May

DANGERMAN

Usual stuff, what's your Play, your want and what are you putting in the Bin this month?

I'm hoping, genuinely, that Days Gone picks up. My last play session I started to enjoy it a bit more, but I'm not sure I like the gameplay loop of it, which is a bit of a shame because I'd started to come around on it just before release

PLAY

Resident Evil 5

Played the first few chapters of this on GamePass. It holds up fairly well, but the controls feel a little weird.

Apex Legends

Also known as "chatting background app" with Ben. I still enjoy playing, even when we fail miserably.

Dreams

Barely touched the tutorials, which I'd like to do at some point, but the stuff people make in there is incredible. Also, the way people can work together by contributing to someone's work is a genius touch. 

Clash Royale

Still playing every day, my only real interest in an e-sports game. I hit my all-time personal best at the end of last month and at one point was around top 500 in the country. 

WANT

More time. I'm doing a lot of overtime at the moment, so I'm either working, sleeping, re-watching Game of Thrones or editing a podcast.

BIN

Same as Want, lack of time.

Play

Days Gone - Probably only 12 hours in but really enjoying it so far, wish I had more time to play it.

A Plague Tale: Innocence - Really looking forward to this one.

World War Z - Bought this after a great video review I watched and good word of mouth. Glad I did as it’s been fantastic throughout, anyone that liked L4D should definitely give this a go.

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Went back to this to try to make some more progress in the story and have had a blast. Also scratches that L4D itch but is quite a different game in lots of ways.

Want

Death Stranding, TLOUP2, Ghost of Tsushima - GOAT Contenders

Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fuelled - Really looking forward to this.

Super Mario Maker 2 - Been wanting to give this series a go since missing it on Wii U. 

Blood & Truth, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Pokémon Shield, The Sinking City, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Control, Shenmue 3.

Bin

Lack of time. 

Play: Metro Exodus. Finished off Sekiro ?? so dove straight into something a bit more chilled. Enjoyable, if a little clumsy, story driven FPS. 

Want: not much other than Borderlands 3. Destiny DLC out next month so looking forward to that. 

Bin: Nothing this month. 

Play

Skyrim - And yet again the draw of skyrim is great, i'm back i for another playthrough,

Mortal Kombat 11 -  Story was great and fun to play,  but ........

Bin.

Mortal Kombat 11 -  The Grind even post patch is bloody unbearable, it quickly sapped out any ounce of fun I was getting from the game

Given the details of this didn't come to light until game had taken my money it has put me off preordering games in future (there may be 1 or 2 exceptions) to this rule.

This game needs continued negative press, seems these days you can release a sub par patch and people move on,  rather than continue to hold issues like this over the Publishers heads.

Rant Over.

Play

Mortal Kombat 11 - Great game to play. Feels really good and the story mode is fantastic. Was surprised by the negativity voiced last month. This and X are great fighting games, I believe these hold up with the best fighting games of this gen. Definitely held my attention more than SFV did that’s for sure. & I fucking loved Super Street Fighter IV. Still play that one every now again to this day. 

Hitman 2 - Really well made and very smart. Love how it holds my hand through some of the more eloborate assassin scenarios too because I’m usually too much of a idiot to figure them out for myself. Don’t know if I’ve got the patience to stick with it though. Never been good with stealth games. 

Rocket League - As always. It’s the addition of weekly challenges which makes it worth mentioning again. They’ve been implemented surprisingly well and have got me playing some extra modes which is always good. 

Want

Rage 2 - Looks like good, dumb fun! Count me in. Hope it’s not shit.

Bin

Mortal Kombat 11 - The grind side and all the unnecessary bullshit in it. The consumables, augments and cosmetics are really poorly implemented! Snaggletooth has said it better than I can. It’s utter wank. 

Play

Earth Defence Force 5 - I've beat the game on normal difficulty with @Sly Reflex - now we're going through on hard with a bit of help from @regemond. About 40 missions in and it's starting to become a bit more of a challenge. 

Slay the Spire - yup - still going. 

Want

Nothing really. Nothing's jumping out at me.

Bin

Spending money on new games. Time to clear some backlog.

Play:

The Division 2. Finally hit the end game now and currently looting for er... loot.

The Witcher 3. My guilty game. I love it but dropped off it a while ago but always felt that I should be playing it. Back on it now when i need a break from the Division. 

Want: 

Crash Team Racing. The best kart racing game there is. Hope the remaster does this game justice. It was so good. 

Bin:

Dreams. Not because it's bad or anything, just that I've had no time to get into it at all. Gutted. It's joined my backlog for the time being. 

Play - FFVII. At the rate I'm going through this on Switch the remake might already release by the time I kill Sephiroth.

Want - There's nothing coming out that I want. 2019 video games are done for me until Doom Eternal

Bin - DMC 5. Because I love it and I'm so happy it got made but I'm sort of too good at it now to still enjoy the challenge.

Sekiro. Sorry I just don't enjoy it ?‍♂️

Play

Metal Gear Solid 5 - Been chipping away at this on my days off. Mostly focusing on side ops and the hours are passing by so quickly. Took a while to get into but now I love it, although I am starting to get fatigued now.

Want 

To start my new job already. I’ve been unemployed for over a year and it’s been awful, but just like busses two jobs have come along at once. I’ve been working part time in my local cinema for a few weeks now, but I got offered a full time position with a digital cinema localisation, mastering, and distribution company which I start on June 4th. I honestly can’t wait.

Final Fantasy 7, all this talk of the remake has me itching to play the original again. I’ll be picking it up on Switch when I start my new job so I can play it on my commute.

Bin

The last 18 months. They’ve been fucking horrendous and I’m so glad everything my partner and I have been dealing with is finally over. Here’s to the next 18 months!

Play

A bunch of indie games on the Switch - Celeste, Forgotton Anne, Subsurface Circular and Steamworld Heist - all of them have been great.

Want

E3 - in particular to see more of Cyberpunk 2077 and Final Fantasy VII.

Total War: Three Kingdoms

Bin

Too much crashing out on my bed and too much living on my phone.