passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

E3 2019 predictions

Hendo

This may or may not happen again, but last year we did an E3 podcast where we recorded before and after, and saw how right we got things. We didn’t, really.

But it worked quite well, so let’s hear your predictions and wants for announcements at E3.

I’m mainly thinking of the main platform holders and the big publishers - Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, etc.

Some of those may not officially be at E3 but I’m sure they will still announce stuff that week.

Show me Bayonetta 3 gameplay and release date!

Also Xbox been talking about the next Xbox in different fashions for 2 years, I think? Last year they bought all them studios? Sony not being there this year? Probably the best time to just constantly blitz all these new, exciting games coming our way for their next machine. Even if some of it is really early. 

Also I’m predicting Nintendo in some way ends up on the Xbox stage. Even if one of their announcements is Master Cheif in Smash 

I'm more interested in that other one, Astral something or another. Reminded me of Metal Gear Rising, the best Platinum and Metal Gear game

Sorry, predictions. It is about time that Square show that Crystal Dynamics Avengers game, although I've heard it's an action stealth GAAS which sounds lame.

FFVII remake maybe, but that's surely a next gen thing by now.

@one-armed dwarfBut Astral Chain is out in July so it will get a trailer or something but nothing big. Also there wasn’t a ready amount of naked ladies in that so Bayonetta 3 is still better. 

Rising better than MGS1 or MGS3 is Pious levels of try-hard. Proclamation rejected.

@Nag in regards to Gears 5 being more open world, I think that would be a completely wrong move. You can have more expansive and less repetitive combat without having to make the world bigger. Proclamation rejected.

Hopefully they don't announce a remake of Resident Evil 3 because Nag will die if they do ☹️

In terms of stuff that I actually want I can't really think because last E3 gave me all I wanted. I think this gen cycle is cooking down fast and there's not a lot left to get hype for me personally. When Doom Eternal comes out that could be my current gen swan song.

I would like if Square acknowledge if that VII thing is still a thing or whatever.

I forgot this, but rumours are rampant of a new Onimusha in the REVII engine. Onimusha was my favourite PS2 series, at least until they messed it up with Dawn of Dreams (3 wasn't great either).

If they do bring it back I wonder in what style. Horror, DMC-style action, something like Nioh or Sekiro? It's a bit of a populated space all of a sudden, all these fuedal-era Japan set games came out of nowhere again like we're back in 2004.

A new Onimusha would be sick. Unless they make it a Sound style game which would not be sick. Not sick one little bit. 

Honestly since they announced Shenmue 3 I've kind of ran out if things to care about at E3. I thought it was going to be the meme that kept on giving bit instead we just get another game. Disappoint. 

I wonder if we'll finally see that Avengers game Crystal Dynamics is apparently working on (I say apprently because they announced it over two years ago and we haven't seen anything yet).

I hope Nintendo does something good this year. Not 30 minutes Pokémon or something like they did with Smash last year. I'd also really like to know if there is some Retro Studios game coming out soon or if they've just been wasting time these last five years.

Microsoft is hard to predict. Either they go all out with new games and new consoles or they realise they can "win" this year simply by being present because Sony isn't. I always like their shows so I hope it's at least a nice lineup.

Square Enix will probably confirm that FFVII Remake is definitely still coming this century and will probably launch on a Playstation platform that hasn't a two-digit number in its name. It'll also feature Lightning as a bonus character and will be split into 7 episodes because it's FFVII and Nomura thinks that's a cool idea.

What they should do with FFVII is do what the Neon Genesis Evangelion creator did with his "rebuild" films. Take the same basic outline, setting and characters but tell a new story.

Stop trying to realise the scope and ambition of a 90s game with today's production values.

The original pitch for FFVII is really interesting. It was going to be set entirely in New York and you would play as a detective. That got thrown away but the remnants of it can be seen in the Midgard section of the game. It eventually got reused for Parasite Eve instead.

I can’t even imagine what an Avengers game looks like. I mean I know what I would like it to be, but Square can’t pull it off

Maybe it’ll just be a turn based RPG lol

4 hours ago, Maf said:

but Square can’t pull it off

They won't have to because Crystal Dynamics can. CD hasn't made a bad game in over twenty years, they're really "low-key" but still one of the best studios in the business.

An Avengers game should only have a few characters playable but obviously you intersect with lots of other Marvel Characters. Also it’s a shame Sony isn’t involved because a lot of the franchises and technology would really lend them selves well to an Avengers game.

Cap = Uncharted

Thor = God of War

Spider-Man = Err...

Black Widow = Syphon Filter/Batman

Iron Man = ...Lylat Wars? 

I don’t know. The PlayStation thing got away from me and you couldn’t have this many type of games run on the same technology. But this is what I would want to see. 

The thing I always complain about with 3D Sonic games where they make a game that has lots of different play styles to give each a character a unique feel, do that but good and with Avengers. 

I know I’m throwing out an idea and immediately sinking it but this is what I think would be truly fucking epic but will never happen.

MUA3 is out in July, though, right?