passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game of Thrones

Tomahawk Rob

Spoiler

So there were lots of strong imagery in the episode, but that resolution felt very forced? The way they are all able to meet a compromise at their council after everything that happened.

I think what it is missing is real consequences for anyone who isn't Danyreas. Even Jon gets to go off with the Wildlings which isn't so bad a fate, Tormund is a fun guy.

I don't know, it's kind of like they obliterated the entire world one week and everything is resolved the next.

Yeah that was the weak, rushed part of the episode for me.

It was all, “let’s wrap this up quickly, we’ve got Star Wars films to make”.

I watched a snippet of an interview with GRRM, might have been a while ago, but he said he expected them to follow his main story beats for the ending, so I think the basic gist of the last couple of episodes has been there for years. But I think the way they rushed this series hasn’t been great, not up to previous standards.

But wow, what a ride.

As far as story beats go I'm mostly fine with the season except for the white walkers stuff. Most of the stuff that doesn't work is because it is rushed, not because it's inherently wrong or anything.

Here though, it feels a bit like when you finish an essay for school with "in conclusion it can be seen yada yada". Just sort of lazy.

What did I like?

Spoiler

Drogon burning the Iron Throne, trying to end the cycle or break the wheel or whatever. Could have ended it there tbh

Yeah it's gone slowly downhill, then dropped off the cliff. You could fill a podcast over the least few episodes alone over grumples and WTF's. 

But I still enjoyed it. Once it was over Wife asked 'so what next'? 

Not much like it, which leaves a bit of a void ? going back through it seems a waste knowing the pay off is a bit. Well...

I’ve been a bit of a defender of this season (& last season it seems, but I didn’t realise people hated that one too? I thought it was fantastic) I’ve really enjoyed it still, however that last episode was a bit of a damp squib of a ending. Just deflating, nothing really happened and no real reasons for anything. Does beg the question how could they have wrapped it up in a way that I’d be happy? No idea but that’s why Im not a highly paid writer. Ah well. Still enjoyed it for the most part.

Don’t know what to watch anymore now though, no other TV series has grabbed me for a long time whereby I was really looking forward to the next one. 

The biggest thing I’ve realised from this season though - I need to delete all the commentary type feeds from my instagram and FB, such as Rotten tomatoes, Joe and Ladbible. I didn’t have them last season and I enjoyed watching it so much more when I wasn’t seeing a bunch of randomers or critics whining about it all the time basically telling me how shit it was when I was enjoying it. Got to the point I started believing their opinions more than my own. Really sucked some enjoyment out of it all. 

Also fuck people creating petitions for little things all the fucking time. Petitions should be for the real things in life not to change a piece of media, Christ! I was hugely disappointed by the ending of ME3 for example but creating a petition for that was pathetic. Get over it. Completely agree with Andy over the last couple of pages regarding this type of stuff.

2 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

But I still enjoyed it. Once it was over Wife asked 'so what next'? 

Not much like it, which leaves a bit of a void ? going back through it seems a waste knowing the pay off is a bit. Well...

Yeah it's gone slowly downhill, then dropped off the cliff. You could fill a podcast over the least few episodes alone over grumples and WTF's. 

Why does this sound so familiar?  Heroes.. Lost.. Stargate...

1 hour ago, Middle_Class_Hero said:

My favourite line of the whole thing was Arya’s

Hide contents

”I know a killer when I see one”

What gave it away Arya? Was it the look in her eyes, or the mountains of charred corpses she’s left in her wake?

? It made my eyebrow raise aswell. 

I'm sure there was another. I think it was Jon in conversation with Tyrion that said

Spoiler

"I can't justify what happened. I won't even attempt to try"

Then proceeded to argue with Tyrion, doing just that ?

The writing was just a bit silly. And I play Destiny. I was waiting for someone somewhere to say "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" ?

@OCH I'm already up to speed on that series ?? 

There's not many Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows I haven't put my taint on ?

Love the last Meme there @Hendo??

57 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

There's not many Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows I haven't put my taint on ?

Why did the Jinn scene come into my head with that colourful description....?

I'm sure the many fan (s?) of Sansa (one of the characters that put me off reading the first book) are looking forward to X-Men Dark Phoenix... ?

43 minutes ago, OCH said:

I'm sure the many fan (s?) of Sansa (one of the characters that put me off reading the first book) are looking forward to X-Men Dark Phoenix..?

Aren't you? ?

Anyway, the Wife commented that she's stunning these days. Lost her 'puppy fat' ?

I had to agree. Carefully of course ?

27 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Aren't you? ?

Anyway, the Wife commented that she's stunning these days. Lost her 'puppy fat' ?

I had to agree. Carefully of course ?

Maybe she is better in GoT I.E. as a TV actress, but she seemed a bit wooden in X-Men: Apocalypse. So I'm not overly keen on her being centre stage in Dark Phoenix.