passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game of Thrones

Tomahawk Rob

Finished my re-watch of series 2. Some great moments in it, especially near the end with the battle of Blackwater, Dany losing and then getting back her dragons and Wee Man having all the best lines:

”Those are brave men knocking at our door......let’s kill them!”

Something I read elsewhere regarding to how the latest series should end, which I will put in spoiler tags, just in case:

It would be funny if they make Dany go all Mad Queen, burning women and children alive, becoming the most evil character the series has known, even more than Joffrey, Cersei or Ramsey combined. Just to fuck over all the knob heads who named their daughters Daenerys.

Any predictions for tonight’s episode?

I can’t see them killing off Cersei, Jon or Dany yet.

I would say the “good” ending would be Jon ending up as king or turning the land into a democracy instead. But I don’t want the good ending. All men must die.

Latest was ok, but not great. Conclusion felt very unsatisfying, but I guess that’s the point of the show now.

Everyone who died felt like they died purely because they couldn’t be alive at the end.

Hound v Mountain was a crap fight with a cop out conclusion. Cersei/Jamie Death was anti climactic, I laughed when the Meister died, Arya did fuck all. 

There was lots of action with no substance.

Arya’s gonna kill Dany next episode then?

I thought it was good 

Spoiler

My issue with the way Cersei dies is that how would anyone know? But then I guess once Dany starts attacking the building that was always a problem. 

It also begs the question of how she's going to sit on the iron throne if it's buried and bent, bit of a drawback to the destroy everything plan. 

I think one of the problems this series is that they haven't managed to nail the moments of realisation or impact. At a certain point Cersei knows she's lost, that Dany is willing to murder everyone, but it's muted, it should have been more striking. Similarly John not wanting to kill surrendered men, grey worm gives him a bit of a sneer then John has to kill people to survive. The drama all got a bit lost. 

I enjoyed it.

I liked the fight between the Mountain and the Hound. The Hound went out like a champ, a dignified way of killing him after all else has failed.

So, who’s left? Arya, Jon, Dany, Wee Man, Ser Davos, Grey Worm, Sansa is somewhere, I’m still expecting Tormund to come back with Ghost.

That’s all the main players I think?

I should imagine Jon can’t forgive what Dany and the dragon did, so that will be a good fight.

I enjoyed it as well, though there was a hell of a lot of death.

Spoiler

Varys dying sucked. And then Danny went fullly unlikeable by murdering civilians and surrendering troops. She’s now worse than Cersei ever was,and that’s saying something.

Cleaganebowl was ace. Hound threw everything he had at Mountain. I liked how he persuaded Arya to abandon killing Cersei.

Jon whinging yet again about not wanting the throne was tedious. Blah blah blah. Now get ready to kill your former girlfriend.

I thought it was a great episode. 

Spoiler

Thematically I thought this was one of the strongest of the season and gave the actors something to sink their teeth into. We saw a side of people we haven't up until now, or at least very rarely. The tenderness from The Hound was great, Cersei's vulnerability and fear when she realised she was fucked, Arya's fear and of course Dany becoming a complete shitcunt and killing everyone which pleased me because I've always thought she was suss. Still royalty innit. I do wonder though if all those middle aged women with Khaleesi in their names on Facebook will still be like "yaaasssss queen!" After this. Probably. 

Then amid all this change of character we have Jono who is still himself. A rock that doesn't want to kill needlessly, that doesn't want to see suffering, even to his enemies and you can see the realisation dawn on him immediately that he's fucked it by being a passive shitlord that has avoided the responsibility that Ned was trying to drill into people by beheading fools in front of everyone. 

And now we are back to the start of the story. A mad Targaryen trying (and managing it this time) to burn it all down and the North trying to stop it. I like it personally and I think it's a good way to add extra impact to the story outside of killing characters off. A reminder that we are forever cursed to repeat ourselves no matter how good our intentions or how good we look naked. 

Yeah I’ve read a lot about people not happy with how it’s all panning out and the best response I’ve seen to that is, “their fan fiction isn’t as good as my fan fiction!”

I’ve bought the majority of what’s happened so far. You could certainly conceive of certain characters not dying and instead becoming more powerful, and other characters dying instead of becoming more powerful.

But I like where they’ve gone with it.

Something I just thought of:

@Bob says, it’s all come back round to the start. So we had a mad Targaryen monarch getting killed by their Hand who was a Lannister, doing so for the good of the people, and a Baratheon became king as a result, with a Stark not wanting to be in charge, but merely look after the North.

So we could end up with the exact same conclusion, regardless of everything pointing to Arya assassinating Mad Queen Dany.

It used to take 3 episodes to travel from The north to Kingslanding, now they can do it in half an episode.

Did I miss the episode they invented Mini Buses.

Honestly though Pretty much enjoyed it,the people died who I thought would, Still a couple of wild cards flying around though.

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

Something I just thought of:

Hide contents

@Bob says, it’s all come back round to the start. So we had a mad Targaryen monarch getting killed by their Hand who was a Lannister, doing so for the good of the people, and a Baratheon became king as a result, with a Stark not wanting to be in charge, but merely look after the North.

So we could end up with the exact same conclusion, regardless of everything pointing to Arya assassinating Mad Queen Dany.

Spoiler

Maybe, but Arya seems to have  forgotten all her training and probably needs reminding which the pointy end is....