passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game of Thrones

Tomahawk Rob

I’ve long since given up on the books ever getting finished. Every single year begins with him going “there will be no new book this year”. So unless he fires out multiple books year after year (which pfffff, as if), his version of the story ain’t getting completed.

Spoiler

"That Arya ninja attacked out of thin air,somehow getting past a ton of the undead to do that. "

Didn't you notice that The Hound had strategically dropped a load of bookcases in the background for her to hide between? Bet it's not on the final cut, but if you turn the brightness up enough.......

I don't get the complaints about it being too dark. It's a fight at night time and in pitch black. 

Did you want them to bust out some floodlights or something? 

Side note. Has anyone else on here spent time adjusting their TV picture settings? 

I have a setting for day, night, and gaming. 

Looked fucking dope on my TV.. 

A guy in work is putting all his break time into one big break and watching it as it airs.

I’ve told him I want a rating of good/bad/amazing and if there’s any significant deaths in it and that’s it.

I’m expecting it to be a relatively uneventful episode as they gear up for the last two. Especially having just had a big battle lasting an entire episode.

I still hope that there’s no-one left by the end. Either that or the current villain (I won’t name in case anyone reading has watched very little so far) is the winner and destroys everyone.

I really don’t want a happy end, that would suck and feel very wrong.

Found this comment about the Night King which I thought was pretty funny:

I think it’s clear at this point he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. I imagine that he has to sit in a corner on his own at the annual Dark lord convention, while the likes of Sauron and Voldemort snigger at him. Thousands of years waiting to strike at humanity and he essentially managed to get from Inverness to Carlisle before getting shanked by a teeny bopper.

Yeah, i was expecting a filler episode, before the last two being total carnage.

Spoiler

Opinions will vary, but Jon came across as a bit of a prat.  Danny warned him, that telling his family the truth of his heritage would be the end of them. Yet would he listen? Would he bollocks. So he goes and tells them. And Sansa tells Tyrion,and so it goes. So if he has a “How did this happen” expression when it all goes tits up, I won’t have sympathy for him.

Absolutely nothing good would come of telling them the truth, apart from killing his relationship with Danny stone dead.

Another dragon dead! Would have made the fight piss easy with two of them. Still, wasn’t expecting that. 

And Cersei remains an absolute cunt. Certainly looking forward to her death.

I liked the episode, more of a traditional episode with the politics it was setting up. I've seen some people complaining about it though 

Spoiler

How does Danny not see the fleet if they could see her to shoot repeatedly. 

Why didn't Cersei just kill Tyrian after killing Missandri. Then she could have sent her army out to kill Danny

Ep 4 was my favourite episode so far of the season but that’s not saying a lot as the whole season has been quite woeful.

Spoiler

I just don’t get why they’re rushing it so much? Daeny just flying her dragons randomly then one of them gets sniped 3 times out of nowhere? WTF? Why were the unsullied sailing down anyway? Didn’t get it at all.

It just felt so artificial that Daeny is now down to 1 dragon just to make the resulting battle in the next episode more even. 

Missandei getting kidnapped out of nowhere and then getting killed by Cersei I couldn’t really give a fuck about either, it did nothing for me. We all know Cersei is a thunder cunt at this point.

The rest of the the episode was filled with the kind of political intrigue that I loved from the earlier seasons though so it had that going for it at least.

I really don’t have much confidence anymore that they’re going to wrap things up right, it’s gonna be some hammy-ass conclusion that everyone rolls their eyes at.

The political intrigue feels a bit ham handed though, it doesn't have the same sense of danger and unpredictability as earlier seasons.

I saw this and the last season likened before to the end of a DnD campaign where everyone needs to get home soon so the DM starts phoning it in to get things along quickly. Feels like that more and more as we go. It's not bad by any means, but the rush to resolve it all makes it feel a bit artificial after all the years building it up.

At least we're getting an ending though, things could be worse