passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your game collection

retroed

even I like the Gamecube controller, apart from the dpad. The Dreamcast one was decent for the time, obviously missing an analogue stick in hindsight.

I didn't like the N64 pad that much at the time, that's not improved with time. The OG OG Xbox pad was pretty bad, joycons are bad

5 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

joycons are bad

Yeah that's true, probably the worst controller I've used. They're okay when playing handheld, but was controllers off the Switch they're not great. I didn't mind the N64 controller at the time, but wouldn't want to use one now.

Wiimote was functional but the real problem was the lack of innovation with a lot of that console's library, beyond just the initial innovation of motion control I suppose

it's all been completely vindicated now by VR anyway.

Starting with the later generations of dualshock 4 I've seem to have had endless bad luck with Sony controllers. I like their ergonomics though, as one of the few people who seems to prefer symmetrical sticks (I cant easily access the xbox dpad and face buttons at the same time, which I really need to do with the games I play)

My issue was the same with both pads - the dpad. The Wavebird dpad was obnoxiously small and fiddly. The Dreamcast one, was so hard and badly designed. Your reward for using it was typically blisters. Many hours of MK: Deadly Alliance on GC and MvC on DC, burned those lessons into even my memory.

Also don't think I've ever had a pad or handheld that I've actively disliked. Although I do vaguely remember a cheap 3rd party PSOne pad that gave a mild shock if you clicked the sticks in. We didn't keep that one long... 😅 

5 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Yeah it's horrendous. Each game gave you overlays to put over the 9 grey buttons (example below), pretty hilarious.

o_AlienVsPredator_1.jpg

The intellivision did this. I loved it at the time. The designs wore of pretty easily tho iirc.

409CF971-432B-425A-9C69-61AD24D69B27.jpeg

583BCD9C-9555-411B-A2B8-1C420CE433D9.jpeg

C63A454C-5E49-48A0-91FA-06E2FB9533E3.jpeg

• 3 months later...