passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

What's your....

Nag

Update 1.01.... ?

In honour of the Post your collection thread that's sprung up... What's your prized gaming possession?

So what's the one thing in your gaming life that's safe from sale or trade, the one thing you couldn't part with?

I pre-ordered Twilight Princess when it was announced. Then it got delayed and delayed and delayed. This was back when you had to still pay for pre-ordering so then when the game finally did come out I found the receipt (tucked away in the Wind Waker box) And went and picked it up on day one. It's a great memory and a great game but you better believe I still sold that shit as soon as it came out on the Wii U. 

I generally have quite a strong dislike for attachment to things so sell them as soon as I can. As long as i have access to a game on a current system I will sell previous versions if I can get a decent price for them. 

To be honest I'm not a collector either, I'd said to myself this gen that I wasn't going to trade anything in but over the last few months I've had a fairly big clean out... there's just too many games and not enough time to replay stuff so I may as well get something for them.

Seeing as I haven't got a prized game I'll just say that until it's successor is released there's no way I'd get rid of my Xbox One X... if a console had to go it would be the Pro.

I'm a little collector. I like keeping my games and consoles. There all packed up tho so won't be any pictures ?

I don't think I'd get rid of any. Not unless some cash was needed in hard times. That kinda thing. My N64/SNES/Megadrive stuff would probably be last to go. 

I'd love to say I had some special, rare thing that I wouldn't get rid of. I might have a couple of things that are properly rare, I've certainly got a couple of PAL Dreamcast games that are worth a lot, but experience has shown that if it comes to it, they're just games, games you don't play, and can probably get some other way if it came down to it 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/04/2019 at 22:28, ThreeFour said:

I'm a little collector. I like keeping my games and consoles. There all packed up tho so won't be any pictures ?

I don't think I'd get rid of any. Not unless some cash was needed in hard times. That kinda thing. My N64/SNES/Megadrive stuff would probably be last to go. 

hoarders.jpg?

My collecting ended with my PS3. I typically throw console boxes away now and the only game case I have is DS: Remastered Switch case, which isn't all that covetable...

Update 1.02...

What's your gaming blindspot?... So could be a game series, developer or even a whole genre that has just passed you by for whatever reason.

This could be a few things for me I suppose but I'm going to go with Blizzard... In all my years of gaming i don't think I've given Blizzard any significant time at all, I think I played one match of Overwatch and realised it wasn't for me. To my knowledge that's the only Blizzard game I've ever touched.

Mostly Computer Games, generally. 

I feel like I should like Adventure Games but I just struggle with them too much and pack them in now.  I think if I grew up with them it'd be different. 

Strategy Games, too.  I adored the Command & Conquer games on the PlayStation but I've never really played them since.  Same with Sim Games like Civilisation and stuff.  I like tinkering and I feel like I'd probably enjoy them, and I guess I'm lumping things like city builders in.  Again, on the PlayStation I played Theme Park and Hospital a ton but not played anything like that since. 

To answer the previous question, I wish I had treated my GB/GBC/GBA boxes better. I wish my copy of Pokemon Red was still intact. I feel like that would nearly be my most prized possession. 

As it is, I would say my copies of FFVIII and IX for the PS1 I would never part with. 

My most prized possessions that I have with me here in Japan would probably be Mother 3 for the GBA and No no Kuni for the DS.

I’m looking forward to getting my hands on the Hollow Knight collector’s edition.

Fighters to a competent level, not just mashing. Seeing and listening to people like @DifferentClass and @DANGERMAN talking about fighters make me wish I was able to get better at them but it's always escaped me.

Also Bethesda RPG's and Western RPG's in general. I really like the setting of Fallout, Elders Scrolls and The Witcher, but all of those games quickly move past my ability and patience.

E-sports and the competitive scene in general

I find it baffling and almost impenetrable, which I find strange when I consider myself very into videogames. Like, why would you watch /other/ people play games?

3 hours ago, OrangeRKN said:

I find it baffling and almost impenetrable, which I find strange when I consider myself very into videogames. Like, why would you watch /other/ people play games?

In terms of E-sports to pick stuff up, see what's possible, see a game's potential.  Within that seeing how the same game/characters can be played differently by different people and work. 

I'm on the other end.  I don't see how it's so hard to understand why games can have spectators. 

4 hours ago, OrangeRKN said:

I'm exactly the same, if I'm going to spend time with a videogame it'll be me playing it.

PC Gaming, yes.

E-Sports, yes.

The FPS boom, would be another. I've been able to get to grips with the popularity boom of most genres, especially growing up in the 90's Platformer boom. I just don't get the popularity with FPS. Call of Duty, Halo, PUBG etc etc I've played a couple I enjoy (Killer 7, Timesplitters, XIII, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark) but.. I dunno, maybe it is down to the aesthetic that I find dull and generic.

• 1 month later...

Bumpity bump!

Not strictly gaming related but fuck it, it's my thread and I'll do as I please.

What's your favourite decade of music?... If you could only listen to one decade of music until the day you die what would it be?

If was thinking about this while listening to the radio earlier and I thing it's a lot easier than it should be, my musical tastes really haven't progressed much since the 90's so I'll plump with that... There's a lot of good stuff to keep me going there.