passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

What's your....

Nag

I didn't finish the title as a figured the thread may change over time, we'll see.

Anyway to start off, Whats your most expensive game?

Could be a one off purchase of a highly collectible gem, a game with loads of Dlc or a game (God forbid) you spunked a load of money up the wall with on microtransactions.

I think for me it would probably be the American version of Resident Evil Zero (GC) I picked up in (then) Another World, I needed a Freeloader to actually run the the thing which cost around 25 quid, the game was £70 so all told around £95 to play that.

Could've been worse.

As a Single Purchase Probably one of the LE Yakuza Import titles. think maybe £110

But Probably most money has to go to Rock Band When you consider the Cost of the Big Band Pack back in the Day  plus DLC and additional Peripherals

I would imagine about £1000 over the years 

I've just had to check how much Virtua Racing was on release for the Megadrive, for some reason I had it in my head I paid £100 for it but turns out it was £70.

For three tracks...

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

But Probably most money has to go to Rock Band

Same for me I reckon. Although due to how good they are about their DLC, that money has been spread over several games and about a decade. 

Single purchase is probably the Gears 3 collectors edition which was about £100 or something. Borderlands 2 has had the game and all DLC bought for it multiple times as well so that's probably way up there in terms of money spent. 

I've also bought a few loot boxes here and there for Overwatch if an event has been extra spicy. Not something I usually do but I'm happy to throw Blizzard a bit more money after 600 hours in the game. 

I'd say it's probably Rock Band for me.  Dunno how much but I bought a lot of songs and if you count the instruments then definitely. 

The only other game I can think of is the Mass Effect games since I bought most of it on 360 and all of it on PS3, except when it was discounted. 

2 hours ago, mfnick said:

Radiant Silvergun for £120 back in the day. 

I don't think I spent quite as much but it has to be up there for me too

I suspect it's probably Samba de Amigo on the Dreamcast. I got it with the 3rd party maracas rather than the official Sega ones but it must have been around £100 still

Rockband easily. Hundred quid plus for band in the box. £70 for the bundle with RB3 and the keytar. £20 or £30 on songs dlcs like  AC/DC and other bundles.

I've bought Borderlands 2 on 3 separate occasions now, sot they've had at least hundred quid out of me, even when I've bought it at sale prices.

Pinball as well. The PInball Arcade I have spent over £100 on, I'm still missing some tables as well. Over in Zen's version there's 88 tables in the current game. It's like £7 for a pack, usually 3 tables but sometimes there's 2 or 4 tables included. Easily I've spent £200. Maybe even more because I bought tables on the PS3 and 360 and XO before migrating to PC and doing it all over again.

28 minutes ago, OrangeRKN said:

Taiko no Tatsujin with drum

Can't even play it because I'm scared of annoying my neighbours... :lol:

Come and play it around mine when my neighbours are shagging. Something nice and fast to give the bloke a rhythm to work to so it doesn't take the bloke an hour and a half to bust his nut.

That's virtually a greeting round these parts.

Anyway, on topic - most expensive over time is probably - like other people have said - Rock Band. Probably Rock Band 3 specifically. I upgraded my Rock Band 1 instruments and got the keyboard on top, bought tons of DLC and paid to transfer the licences from the earlier games.

Without DLC, probably BOTW. I got the version with the Master Sword in it. Which broke when I moved to the flat. Devastated.

Back in the day, I think I paid about £80.00 for an early import copy of Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES.

I was the toast of the town (well, the school) for a few months before it was officially released in the west. 

My videogame spending and social standing have dropped significantly since then on account of me being a total tight-arse.