passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dreams

Hendo

I haven't got much time today to properly delve into what this has to offer, but I've done the intro sequence (which is pretty great, honestly) and played some game ideas by other people.

There's some really smart people out there.

I've played a faithful remake of PT, and Alice in Wonderland 3D platformer, someone recreated the art from the beginning of Dark Souls.

I might never make anything myself but I'm happy enough just to have access to what other people can create.

Hopefully when I have more time I'll dig in and see what I can do.

Yeah, the stuff people have created is really impressive. Se of the stand out projects I've played are a test demo of a working portal gun, a really charming game about a pea trying to get to a saucepan that was narrated by a dad and his four year old, a recreation of the forrest from Ocarina of Time and a game about collecting orbs in a Mario Galaxy planet. 

Someone on Era posted some pictures of a full scene replication of the opening scene of Silent Hill 2 made in Dreams.

Really impressive stuff. If I wasn’t so poor from buying new Flat stuff I would’ve picked this up in a heartbeat.

I've been chipping away through some of the tutorials.The presentation is top notch - they've clearly put a lot of effort into everything, which is good as there's a shit load to take in. I've been dabbling with the logic system and it's pretty full on but it's also self explanatory once you get to a point. It reminds me of those electronics kist you used to have as a kid, where you'd clip wires into springs to make a circuit.

I still can't get my head around how good some of the content is already. 

18 hours ago, Hendo said:

To take the title literally, I’ve got the only dream I can vividly remember that I’d like to turn into something, not sure how it would work, though.

I had a dream last night where my Mother-in-law was showing off her new garden, and it featured a row of industrial sized freezers full of ham. Not sure how I could turn that into a game though.

By coincidence I fired this up earlier for a couple of hours to check out the current crop of stuff. Then I had my tea and put Giant Bomb on and they did a show with two people from Media Molecule. 

They show some of the stuff I played about with, the second half they get into the creating side, which I may never do, but I'd really like to.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...