passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Most Played

Sly Reflex

Not the prettiest of lists but this is the only way I know of to get times on Xbox and PlayStation easily...

Xbox... 360 games aren't supported, unfortunately.

Screenshot_20210626-083031_Chrome.jpg

Playstation...

Screenshot_20210626-083158_Chrome.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 01:15, Sly Reflex said:

I was just looking at my steam stuff and remembered this thread so thought I'd give it a bump. These are just steam numbers, I don't have any other data now, not accurate anyway.

The Elder Scrolls Online - 778 hrs on record

Can't see this stopping anytime soon. I play every day even if it's only to log in for the log in bonus. It's such a big fucking game as well, even the parts I know well I'm still discovering stuff I never knew about. I feel like I've barely scratched it.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 313 hrs on record

Year upon year of traditional Christmas Skyrim playthrough are in these hours, but this is where the hours will stay the same, because this version is not as stable to mod as the other version I have.

PAYDAY 2 - 310 hrs on record

Not played for a bit, but at some point I'll be back. Tend to go through fits and spurts of playing this game. When update 200 comes out with the Infamy 3.0 stuff I'll probably boot up to have a gander at it.

Borderlands 2 - 210 hrs on record

Another game I'm unlikely to add hours to unless somebody talks me into it. I must have put over a thousands hours into this game easy if you count all the platforms I've played it on.

Rocket League - 141 hrs on record

I can't see this stopping anytime soon either. It might only go up a few hours a week, but that's still a few hours as week other games aren't getting played. Across platforms I must have a few hundred hours into this game and I'm still a complete fucking scrub at it.

Deep Rock Galactic - 136 hrs on record

Still really digging this. No, that wasn't a pun. I've no idea when I'll get fed up, there's a few times I've felt a bit of ennui with it, but then it's pulled me back in as I've toyed with new load outs and messed about with the new mission types. New biomes and enemies due for it in the coming year, so it could end up being right up there if it continues to bring home the goods and keep the attention of the people I'm playing with.

Fallout 4 - 136 hrs on record

I never finished this, but I hope to play it again sometime, but with mods. I actually considered playing this as a Christmas tradition (Or one of the other Fallout games) because there's only so many times and ways I can do Skyrim before it starts to wear completely through.

Pinball FX3 - 120 hrs on record

The average length of a good frame of pinball takes about 20 minutes to play. I am not a good pinball player. You're looking at least 360 games, but it's probably closer to 500 or more given that some games can be over and done with in minutes. I'm looking at you, Cyclone, you piece of shit.

Stardew Valley - 115 hrs on record

Another one I want to revisit, if only to play all the stuff concerned Ape added after I finished my playthrough last time.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 107 hrs on record

Due a bump of about circa 100 hours from the traditional Christmas playthrough. Might actually end up being my most played game that's not being constantly updated, if you don't account for mods.

I'm looking at the rest of the games I've played and not seeing anything standout that could make it to 100 hours, but as for the stuff I've not played, You're opening a right can of worms there. Could be anything and nothing.

So, a year and a bit later. I'll stick with stuff over 100 hours.

1. The Elder Scrolls Online - 1233 hrs on record

Still a lot of hours in there but I've been slowing down recently. I'm not playing anywhere near as much as I was, but it's still getting a few hours added to it each week at least, if only from streams.

2. PAYDAY 2 - 319 hrs on record

Managed to claw it's up one place with minimum of time played this year.

3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 313 hrs on record

Like I said previously, it's never going to get played again. The other version is more stable for modding.

4. Euro Truck Simulator 2 279 hrs on record

Yeah, I played this a fucking lot this year. Got all the achievements aside from the exploring and driving down all roads. Maybe when there's a reason to play it I'll add more hours.

5. Rocket League 274 hrs on record

And I'm still shit at it. FML.

6. Deep Rock Galactic 266 hrs on record

I really like this game, and they keep adding stuff to it in dribs and drabs that keeps me returning. Expect those hours to grow.

7. Borderlands 2 221 hrs on record

Yep, I've gone back into the Borderlands to accompany some friends I enjoy playing with. I have no idea how long we'll be at it, but expect more hours next update.

8. Snowrunner 176 hrs on record

I really adore this game. It's not for everyone and the games pace is glacial, but it's an ideal podcasting game and an even better co-op game when you're all stuck in mud and trying to figure out how to unfuck your night with the precious resources you have left open.

9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 168 hrs on record

That'll be the traditional December play though effect. I did play fewer hours than I normally do though, mainly because work was busy and also I was doing more community stuff with my discord that stopped the hours racking up here.

10. Fallout 4 136 hrs on record

No change here. It's only a matter of time before it wins a stream vote and I end up going for another tour through the Commonwealth.

11. Pinball FX 3 120 hrs on record

Another no change. Fallen a bit out of love with pinball recently, I think them sort of abandoning it for the next game and messing about with support for FX3 smothered my enthusiasm for it.

12. Mudrunner 119 hrs on record

The forerunner to Snowrunner. Basic, but perfect in it's own little way.

13. Stardew Valley 115 hrs on record

No change for the farming sim, but again it's only a matter of time before hours are piled on. Will they be before the next big update? Who knows.

As for games that are up and coming that could break the century. Well some nearly managed it this year, stuff like Two Point Hospital and Dungeon Defenders came super close, but there's always games like Left 4 Dead 2 that get played sporadically that see them claw up the list bit by bit without anyone noticing. Outside of this I really don't know what could go all out, but given that games like Euro Truck and Snowrunner can enter from nowhere at all, really anything can happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It's that time of year again.

1. The Elder Scrolls Online 1338 hours

I play it once a week on stream for a few hours, so time is gradually mounting up on this. Not as quickly as it did when I was sat on my arse during lockdown.

2. Deep Rock Galactic 484 hours

The more I think about it, I think this might be the best game released in the past few years. You can shove your Elden Rings and God of Wars up your arse, if it ain't Rock and Stone, it can go and fuck itself.

3. Snowrunner 336 hours

Sort of surprised to see this is my 3rd most played game. But also in the same thought, not so surprised, since I have played it a lot and everything takes so long to complete, on top of it being a huge game with the DLC they've added over time. I'm only onto the first map of the DLC and there's like 8 of them or something. Apparently the part I'm on now is well regarded as some of the hardest content, so maybe it's all coasting after this?

4. PAYDAY2 322 hours

I've not played this much, but it's just been reinstalled recently as I got a load of DLC for cheap. Still fun from the bit I've played from it, but it's really apparent they're crowbarring stuff into it now until they get PAYDAY3 out.

5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 313 hours

Not played this one for a while. In fact this will never get anymore hours put into it because the enhanced version exists and is easier to mod.

6. Rocket League 303 hours

And another game that will probably never get anymore hours. As much as I love it I just get so angry playing it. I think they're trying to sort out the toxicity and smurfing behaviour in it, but until they take the bullshit out it's unlikely I'll go back. Still an amazing game though when you get those nice tight games with equally skilled players. I still regard it as one of the best games every made.

7. Euro Truck Simulator 2 279 hours

I've not much to do here until the next DLC arrives. It was going to be Russia, but that thing happened and now they changed course.

8. Borderlands 2 262 hours

I played this through with one of my community members from the top to the bottom. I didn't think I'd ever play it again. It's actually really starting to show it's age mechanically, more than you would expect. Handsome Jack is still great.

9. Borderlands 3 215 hours

And after playing Borderlands 2 we went onto Borderlands 3, but this time with regemond in tow. It's good, but I feel like they managed to fuck up parts of it. Even as a person that really enjoy these games, I think they should consider wrapping it up and moving onto the next idea.

10. Creeper World 3 169 hours

A real time strategy game where you fight a wall of goo. Sounds boring, looks like shit, but it's addictive as fuck. Give it a go if you can, it's a lot better in practice than  it is me talking about it.

11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 168 hours

I'll probably play this again at some point, but the annual playthroughs have been changed to do community D&D styled wrestling events. Plus the last time I looked into it the modding scene for it was up in the air with Nexus acting like idiots over what belonged to whom. I think the dust has settled on that now.

12. Fallout 4 136 hours

No change from last time, although thinking about it I never finished this. Maybe time to go for a jaunt around the wasteland once more, especially with the free update coming? What chances are they throw some shit in there that upsets some PC players? It's bound to happen.

13. Pinball FX3 120 hours

I've fallen off this a bit, the last few times I've tried to get into it has just felt a bit joyless.  Zen's behaviour over the last few has also dented my enthusiasm for it as a customer that respected their outlook previously.

14. Mudrunner 119 hours

Been superseded by Snowrunner. Still a nice on ramp if you're looking to see what these games are about, but this now feels like a tech demo compared to Snowrunners CARPG take on it all.

15. Stardew Valley 115 hours

I've been threatening to play this for a while but never gotten around to it. Watched plenty of folks play it on Twitch and they've added a fuck ton to it since I last played. I wouldn't even know where to start.

16. Fire Pro Wrestling World 115 hours

Over 100 hours on this game and I've not even controlled 1 match myself. WTF am I doing with my life? I sort of wish more western releases looked at this game and tried to replicate it as far as wrestling games go, especially as the flow of matches go as it simulates to a degree how real pro wrestling works. Not that it's perfect, Fire Pro could learn from western games as well. That's a talk for another time, if anyone cares to listen.

And that's it for this year. It's kind of wild that some games piled a few hundred hours on. I've played a hell of a lot of games in the last few years, but it's the old favourites that get continuous play that seem to be the outright winner when it come to racking up the play time.

My top five on PC are:

1. Elden Ring - 159 hours 

2. The Witcher 3 - 144 hours

3. Hades - 104 hours

4. Cyberpunk 2077 - 101 hours

5. Outer Wilds - 76 hours

All of those except for Hades are unfinished.

Elden Ring was bugged and kept running after I closed it, so the actual time is about 20 hours less. So it kind of cheated its way to the top.

The Witcher 3 might increase by a lot as I have to finish the main game and play both expansions.

Cyberpunk I’m at the point of no return so I have to finish that. And of course I’ll be back for the expansion.

Outer Wilds, the main game is finished but the DLC isn’t because it scared the fucking shit out of me. Never say never though. 

I've mostly been on the Switch this year and anything else I've played has just been story based games that I stopped after they wrapped so in terms of extended play it's just been these two titles this year.

PXL_20221111_203001939.MP.jpg

I had 160 hours on Splatoon 2 so I've already past that.  I was at 120 hours with vanilla MH Rise but Sunbreak from this year made me add over 200 hours.

Safe to say I like those games a lot.

• 11 months later...

It's the 11th of November, you know what that means!

1. The Elder Scrolls Online 1442 hours

Played once a week. It's never going to get knocked off number one now, is it?

2. Deep Rock Galactic 626 hours

That's a lot of rocking and stoning

3. Snowrunner 542 hours

That's a lot of getting stuck in snow and wondering what the fuck I am doing with my life trying to take logs to an oil refinery where they're trying to kick off space rocket launches.

4. PAYDAY 2 325 hours

Starting to slip down the ranks now. I've got some of the later DLC for this but I've not played it yet. Plus the clusterfuck that is Payday 3 is out now, so maybe that'll feature at some point?

5. Skyrim 313 hours

Hard stuck here, I have a better version to play.

6. Rocket League 303 hours

That's 303 hours or more that I'll never get back. Fuck this game, the community it has and the company that own it now.

7. Creeper World 4 297 hours

All those 1 hour sessions for the daily stuff add up. I am sure I'm the only person here that's played this.

8. Euro Truck Simulator 2 290 hours

A bit back I said that the next DLC would be Russia and they would never touch the Balkans because of what happened there and the political stuff surrounding what belongs to who and what it's called. I couldn't have foreseen what was about to happen there, but Russia is not in the game and the Balkans are. Go figure.

9. Borderlands 2 261 hours

Not sure I put more hours on this. I've played this game a stupid amount over my life time though. 

10. Borderlands 3 249 hours

I went through this with a close friend and smashed the achievements out, but we had to stop at one DLC because she didn't have it and it was reviewed terribly. I played this mode with @regemond a bit and my god it's shite. Do better Gearbox. Rest of the game's pretty good if you ignore the awful story.

11. Fallout 76 177 hours

Not as bad as a lot of people put it out to be. Not as good as it should have been.

12. Skyrim Special Edition 167 hours

Not played this since 2020, but maybe some day I'll do another Christmas special even including it?

13. Fire Pro Wrestling World 163 hours

Speaking of special events, we're about to enter one. Expect more hours into this this time next year. L3WD will reign supreme!

14. Fallout 4 136 hours

Never finished this. I should go back at some point, but I have a feeling it'll be a stream thing if I did. Maybe with mods.

15. MGSV: The Phantom Pain 121 hours

Ironically the phantom pains we feel are the missing parts of the game. Best gameplay MGS ever made as well. Also if you have a PC, go check this version out, the performance on it is absolutely insane. A lot of other PC devs could learn from them.

16. Pinball FX3 120 hours

My love affair died with pinball when Zen started acting like bell ends.

17. Mudrunner 118 hours

The precursor to Snowrunner. I don't think Mudrunner was ever as infuriating as that game though, even people that never levelled up in Dark Souls have said it makes them angrier.

18. Stardew Valley 115 hours

Not played this in years, but I think I am due a revisit just in time for Haunted Chocolatier to come out.

And that's the wrap up for this year. There's games climbing up there but not quite on my cut off for inclusion. Any big climbers your side. Any surprises in mine you would or wouldn't have expected to find? Share your shit, you fucks.

Here's mine. Noting that the DMC5 number doesn't really represent how much time I spent playing it, I mostly played it on ps4

Cyberpunk gets played every time a 'major' patch gets released, which 2.0 is probably the last hurrah. Kinda rinsed the fuck out of it at this point.

Street Fighter I grinded fairly hard learning Kim. RE4 I played multiple times. Pathologic 2 is one of my favorite games ever, that'll climb up if they ever release the rest of it.

Starfield, maybe a solid 60 hours or so of it was a lot of fun. Hope it gets the 2077 treatment at some point. No idea how Prey got to 70 hours, seems a bit nuts tbh

SMpVDUP.jpg

• 1 month later...