passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Most Played

Sly Reflex

• 1 year later...

I was just looking at my steam stuff and remembered this thread so thought I'd give it a bump. These are just steam numbers, I don't have any other data now, not accurate anyway.

The Elder Scrolls Online - 778 hrs on record

Can't see this stopping anytime soon. I play every day even if it's only to log in for the log in bonus. It's such a big fucking game as well, even the parts I know well I'm still discovering stuff I never knew about. I feel like I've barely scratched it.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 313 hrs on record

Year upon year of traditional Christmas Skyrim playthrough are in these hours, but this is where the hours will stay the same, because this version is not as stable to mod as the other version I have.

PAYDAY 2 - 310 hrs on record

Not played for a bit, but at some point I'll be back. Tend to go through fits and spurts of playing this game. When update 200 comes out with the Infamy 3.0 stuff I'll probably boot up to have a gander at it.

Borderlands 2 - 210 hrs on record

Another game I'm unlikely to add hours to unless somebody talks me into it. I must have put over a thousands hours into this game easy if you count all the platforms I've played it on.

Rocket League - 141 hrs on record

I can't see this stopping anytime soon either. It might only go up a few hours a week, but that's still a few hours as week other games aren't getting played. Across platforms I must have a few hundred hours into this game and I'm still a complete fucking scrub at it.

Deep Rock Galactic - 136 hrs on record

Still really digging this. No, that wasn't a pun. I've no idea when I'll get fed up, there's a few times I've felt a bit of ennui with it, but then it's pulled me back in as I've toyed with new load outs and messed about with the new mission types. New biomes and enemies due for it in the coming year, so it could end up being right up there if it continues to bring home the goods and keep the attention of the people I'm playing with.

Fallout 4 - 136 hrs on record

I never finished this, but I hope to play it again sometime, but with mods. I actually considered playing this as a Christmas tradition (Or one of the other Fallout games) because there's only so many times and ways I can do Skyrim before it starts to wear completely through.

Pinball FX3 - 120 hrs on record

The average length of a good frame of pinball takes about 20 minutes to play. I am not a good pinball player. You're looking at least 360 games, but it's probably closer to 500 or more given that some games can be over and done with in minutes. I'm looking at you, Cyclone, you piece of shit.

Stardew Valley - 115 hrs on record

Another one I want to revisit, if only to play all the stuff concerned Ape added after I finished my playthrough last time.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 107 hrs on record

Due a bump of about circa 100 hours from the traditional Christmas playthrough. Might actually end up being my most played game that's not being constantly updated, if you don't account for mods.

I'm looking at the rest of the games I've played and not seeing anything standout that could make it to 100 hours, but as for the stuff I've not played, You're opening a right can of worms there. Could be anything and nothing.

In terms of recent stuff, Pathologic 2, 56 hours. My lockdown obsession. It just handles choice and consequences really well in an extremely organic way. Can't really say much about the story though because it's really weird and hard to understand. I played a few hours of the original afterwards and it is much easier to understand and explains the politics of the town better than the remake. However it's dreadful to play. But Pathologic 2 is excellent. When they do the Batchelor campaign I will probably add another 50 hrs to it, if they do it.

I am taking a long break from FFXIV, which I have around 2000 hours in. I main a healer and I'm just sick of carrying my FC (guild) through challenging content. It got turned into a job for me. I will be back around Christmas tho to see patch 5.4 which brings an end to the FFVIII themed raid content they been doing. Hoping for some good music out of that, other than that tho I don't plan on playing this game nearly as heavily as I did this year. I'm just kinda sick of other people right now. Do your rotations god damn, a scholar should not be doing more damage than a Warrior

My top games on Steam.

The Witcher 3 - 144 hours

I haven’t finished the main game or its high level side content, or touched the DLC, so this will go up. Maybe to 200 hours.

Hades - 63 hours

Long way to go with this one. Totally addicted to it at the moment.

Pillars of Eternity - 57 hours

Not finished but I might not go back to this for a long time. Finishing it is not high on my priorities.

Sekiro - 56 hours

Also not finished but much likelier to get played again than Pillars of Eternity. A daunting game to go back to, but I want to.

Shenmue 1 & 2 - 52 hours

Finished. This is done.

One quick check on Steam later...

Legend of Bum-Bo - 9.3 hours

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - 806.4 hours

I had the original Flash Binding of Isaac too. But that was a physical copy. 

I last posted one of these in April 2019. Witcher 3 received another 90 hours since then, and Hitman 2 got over 30 hours more.

Monster Hunter took my top spot on Steam this year. I mostly played with my wife and a friend, but did some side stuff by myself. We saw the credits, and pretty much did most of what we wanted with it, but may get the band back together some time for Iceborne. American Truck Simulator was my zen zone out/listening-to-podcasts game during the first lockdown.

I still play Overwatch semi-regularly, that's at 802 hours now.

image.png

Pretty sure I’ve put this down somewhere on here before but here’s my Steam most played:

354C09A5-04A5-4EAD-8A26-C506376E3CB0.jpeg

Although considering I’ve barely touched my PC all year and even then rarely go on Steam that list isn’t much to go by.

Rainbow Six Siege and LoL would probably be my most played. Something like 150 hours on Siege and somewhere in the region of 250 in LoL. AC Odyssey was about 100 too. 

Persona 5 92 hours.

• 5 months later...

I can actually see ETS2 being a most played for me. I'm having to stop myself playing it because it's my current stream game, but I'm thinking about it a lot. I'm actually looking at the achievement list and considering giving it a go over the long term.

7 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

I can actually see ETS2 being a most played for me. I'm having to stop myself playing it because it's my current stream game, but I'm thinking about it a lot. I'm actually looking at the achievement list and considering giving it a go over the long term.

I know this is the wrong thread, but did you look at mods for it? I'm planning to fire either this or Elite Dangerous up again today to have as my background game in-between working.

I have had several recommended to me via people that have played it a lot, and the stream community. Currently I only have the mega cab pack installed, which is stuff like fluffy dice etc. The other ones recommend I've had are called Promod (I think?) where modders have completely overhauled the map and added new areas not in the game currently. There's a multiplayer mod as well, but it removes all traffic from the game. A lot of people swear by it, but it looks really barrens to me. YMMV. There's all sorts of reskins, sounds and shit as well that come highly recommended.

The mad thing about ETS2 is that the mod manager is in the game, it's dead easy to browse and set stuff up, it all links up to the steam workshop.

I'll probably throw a thread up when I've played a bit more. Maybe just as a truck sim topic so ATS can be talked about as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hunt: Showdown has now hit the rare 100 hour plus mark for me, fittingly at the same time I managed to get my first hunter up to level 50 by way of an immense one on one gunfight that had me and an enemy hunter duking it out around one section of the map for a solid five minutes, which felt like hours at the time.

Easily in my top five games of all time this one.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 16:31, Sly Reflex said:

I am sort of scared to boot up Euro Truck Sim because I know for sure it'll eat my life.

... Annnnnnnnd I just past 200 hours.

There's four games above it, I am sure it can beat three of them. It's no chance of beating ESO. Payday 2 might see some more time added. Original Skyrim will see no more time added. Deep Rock will probably see time added and I'm on the fence about playing Borderlands 2 again, so that's a maybe.

Rocket League is close to 200 hours, that'll probably be my next big entry. Nothing else is close to hitting 100 or 200 hours after this.