passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Most Played

Sly Reflex

After a discussion with @DifferentClass on games we've played for extreme periods of time I decided to kick a thread off about it.

The question is simple. Which games have you played for 100 hours or more and why did you stick with them that long? Do you still play those games or did it come to a final run time that didn't grow further since you gave up playing them?

This is one of those times I wish that Raptr was still around.

Off the top of my head, I must’ve played Stardew Valley for over 100 hours. That’s just like some kind of time vortex game, time just vanishes when you play that. To the point where I had to stop playing before bed time as I wouldn’t go to sleep otherwise.

If my phone clocked the hours in total (it does now, but a bit late) then Disc Drivin’ but certainly Clash Royale would be up there in the hundreds of hours spent.

And then there’s stuff like Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne that I’ve played over and over again.

To the question of why, I have no real idea.

Some games I don’t finish, some I do and never go back to. The rare ones I just can’t stop playing.

World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV were both way over 100 for MMO reasons. 

Monster Hunter 4, 4U, and Generations were several hundred hours each. I miss playing those games.

Persona 4: Golden and Persona 5 took over 100 hours each for a regular playthrough and I loved every minute of both of them (I can’t wait for Persona 5:R).

Then there’s Halo 3 and Battlefield Bad Company, I must have put 100’s of hours into each of them. They’re probably the best online times I ever had.

It's a shame Raptr tried to become a social network at the expense of the game tracking thing. I think I could have logged 100 hours in games like Forza 2 and 3, and Bad Company 2, and maybe Rainbow 6 Vegas.

I spent ages in those Forza games in the livery editor, and significant time both online and in the fastest lap modes. R6 Vegas was the de facto online game for a while. Most sessions would either begin or end with a long session in that game. It was kind of replaced later with Bad Company 2 for a while. By the time it started to peter out with the release of Battlefield 3, I was already my days of playing on xbox live were starting to wane. Hating Battlefield 3 might have hastened the process.

I don't have time to play many games for that long these days, but a few have hit the 100 hour mark:

Capture.PNG

I absolutely rinsed Hitman 2016, but there were still things I could have done in that game, if I'd wanted to. Hitman 2 will definitely get there and Witcher 3 will most likely reach the 100 hour mark in time.

Borderlands 2 and Divinity Original Sin times are just how long it took me to get through everything (with maybe a little time on a second character on B2). XCOM comes from multiple play-throughs.

I spent a hell of a lot of time on Guild Wars back in the day, but don't have the client to check. My top played game currently is Overwatch by a long way. At the moment it's a 560 hours, and I still play that a couple of times a week, sometimes more.

So I’ve dropped over a 100 hours in to dozens of games so I won’t bother to name them all. But my record for a single game is Pokemon Y that I put over 500 hours into on a single play through. So much time spent riding around in circles trying to hatch perfect Pokemon...

Eventually I learnt how to do it very effectively and in Sun and Moon I couldn’t go through it again so cheated and hacked them in with the 3DS action replay. 

But, I loved Pokemon Y to death and had an incredible time with it and the only reason I stopped was because people stopped wanting to battle me and ORAS remakes were around the corner 

I’ve had a couple in recent years. The Witcher 3 is sitting at 144 hours, unfinished and with the DLC not touched yet either. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 took 150 hours for one play-through. 

Breath of the Wild was just under 100 hours at 95 hours.

Going back a bit, I remember my file on FF12 was almost 130 hours, unfinished. My playtime on Guitar Hero 1 & 2 must have been astronomical, I played those games to death for around a two year period.

Going to back to my childhood, where I played the same games over and over again, I would say my play times for FF8, 9 and 10, Pokemon Red, Age of Empires 1 and 2 and maybe even The Sims 1 and 2 were all well over 100 hours. And the Smackdown games which I played endlessly. And SSX Tricky. Wish I had the playtimes for those.

I think my most played games are Overwatch and FFVIX with 600+ hours on each. I think both are just incredibly well designed games. I stopped played FF because I got sick of dealing with the end game MMO crowd and I think FFXIV especially has a bit if a reputation for not exactly an unfriendly player base, but quite an unsociable one so when the only time people talk to you is to be a cunt, it's gets kinda old. Same with Overwatch really, it seems like people have been complaining about balance and calling it a dead game since it came out but my only real issue is the players and their toxicity. 

There are a load of games that have hit 100 hours easy. The Witcher, BotW is 150 and most Final Fantasy games have been played for a hundred hours across multiple playthroughs. A bunch of stuff from back in the GTM forum games nights. L4D2, GoW etc. Generally though I find I get sick of a game after about 40 hours. 

Assassin's Creed as a series has probably had a few hundred hours across all the games but only Odyssey is going to creep over the 100 hours mark. Back around Unity and Syndicate, when the series was in a really bad spot i just kept buying and playing them because after so much time investment it felt like it would have been a waste of time not playing more. They turned it round though. 

Recent one are Monster Hunter World where I had over 300 hours, and also had that amount on Street Fighter V and Dragon Ball Fighterz. 

I have 405 on Enter the Gungeon. 

... I have 935 on Warframe... 

I'd probably still be on DBFZ if I had PS+ but my skill level on SFV dropped a bit after a break so eased off it. I got all I wanted from MHW.  EtG and Warframe I'm still playing. 

Going right right back. 

Worms on the Amiga. Easily over 100 hours there. Same with games like Theme Park and Sim City.

Gran Turismo 1 and 2. GTA1. Might even be into 200 hours or more on those games, I spent so much time on them.

Then there's a bit of a lull, I didn't really play anything all that much, I was a lapsed gamer for a while.

Battlefield 2 will have broke the century.

Pokemon Yellow and Silver. I think the clock on Silver was over 500 hours.

Super Monkey Ball was a fixture in my life up until a few years ago when I finally packed away the NGC.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. Like @Craymen Edge said, we'd play that a lot, and I'd play it on top of what other people were playing. I prestiged my guy a few times over.

Both Bad Company games.

Left 4 Dead was a weekly thing. I played it for years with @Bob. I sort of miss playing that as that type of game has fallen out of vogue.

Gears 2 and 3. I spent obscene amounts of time on that game.

Pinball FX1 and 2. Those 30 minute sessions add up.

Minecraft on multiple platforms, both 360 and PC.

World of Warcraft ate over 500 hours of my life, which is a drop in the ocean compared to some players.

Rockband 2 and 3. Another game I really miss.

Beautiful Katamari. Hours and hours every night trying to collect all the items. I never managed it.

Borderlands. Borderlands 2. Even across platforms I've put over 100 hours into each.

Forza 3. I got all the achievements. I didn't use drivatar at all.

Test Drive Unlimited I got the full 1000g and used to boot it up just to go for a drive. I easily bust through 100 hours there.

And the same with Burnout Paradise.

Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 I've punched through 100 hours easily.

Then you have stuff like PAYDAY 2. Again probably 100 hour on PS4 and PC.

Stardew Valley ate time. I don't even know how I managed to get 100 horus on that, it just consumed it.

Elite Dangerous. It's sort of like a single player MMO with open ended progress.

Talking of MMO's The Elder Scrolls online will have bypassed the 100 hour mark.

I guess stuff like Destiny 1 and 2 I've put over 100 hours into as well. Division as well, although for division 90 hours of that was complaining about @smallofbooty menu diving. Of course Warframe will probably count as well, I played that a hell of a lot. Not as much as @DifferentClassthough, that is an insane amount.

And then there's EDF. 2017 was a few hundred hours to platinum. 4.1 I played for nearly 700 hours and I'm currently at 200 hours for EDF5. 

I have spent a lot of time playing games. It's mad when you sit down and have a think about where you've spent the time.

Think I’ve racked up something like over 1300 hours on Dead By Daylight. I love the game,it’s one of the best online experiences I’ve ever had. I regularly played it with 3 of my mates,and a few others that eventually dropped off the radar. 

Gunning for the Platinum took a lot of commitment, due to all of the trophies being online Vs only. One Killer was an absolute chore to use ,she took me forever to manage all her trophies.

Hadn’t played it for a fair few months,due to other commitments. But recently they added Ash from Evil Dead. So that got me back into it.

Modern Warfare 1 & 2 - Dont really need to explain. 

Bad Company 2 - Best MP shooter of all time IMO. 

Battlefied 1942 - Id love a new bitesize, less serious BF game like this again. 

Forza 4 - Did EVERYTHING in this including loads of MP games with a regular group.

Super Meat Boy - Because it’s best game ever. 

PGR4 - Basically 100%d this twice as a nearly completed save got corrupted. Possibly the best racing game ever. Along with Forza 4 and Burnout 3 depending which mood I’m in.

Theyre ones off the top of my head. I’ve probably got a lot more from my school days when I had all the time in the world where I put over 100 hours in almost every game I had due to only a small number being available to me. Stuff like Fighters Megamix and Panzer Saga. 

For those saying they wish Raptr was still about to track their games. There is a new alternative in HowLongToBeat.

It's all manual tracking so for those who just can't be arsed with that, that's fair enough. But it's the only modern alternative I've found to Raptr that tracks your game hours and such nowadays.

As for my most played. League of Legends, Halo 2, MH4U and R6 Siege are definitely up there. I also spent a lot of time playing Mercs V Spies in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow back in the day. 

Fallout 4, AC Odyssey and RDR2 are all close to 100 hours in the SP department for me. Persona 5 was 92 hours, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was 95 hours.

Lots of the early Forza games I must've spent a ridiculous amount of hours on too, probably Forza 1 and 2 were the most.

Yep. I was getting a bit fucked off with never having any money even though I was playing as United and winning everything. So when I got to preseason for a new season I stopped 

To take that picture I booted it up, quit as United manager intending to have 2 saves. Forgot to make the 2nd save and its just auto saved me being unemployed 

Two come to mind. 

Eternal Darkness, probably invested 100+ hours into that. I adored everything about that game. Each playthrough after the first was 100% without exception. Even the chapters I didn't like I soon warmed to.

The Binding of Isaac. Considering this was a game I played daily for 5-6 years, I'd say throughout its various iterations, game time probably would check in around several hundred to thousand hours. Especially, as there was a patch of a year or two wherein it was my only game. My gaming obsession. I discovered it at the right place, at the right time, and it got me through some rough years.

When I got really unwell with my spine I dove deep into From soft games last year and played BloodBorne and DS1 multiple times back to back to distract myself. Pretty much became a lore expert out of it lol.

On PS2 my dmc3 gamesave was about 50-ish hours, it's about the same now on the PS4. (Wonder where I am with 5 now..)

FFXIV I have something like over a month of real life hours in.

Also when I was a kid I got 450 hours in Pokémon silver and actually caught them all. Just about a week after becoming a Pokemon master my save just deleted itself ☹️

Yeah 100 hours+? Probably loads. Mainly going to Co-op/MP stuff I reckon. From Gauntlet to Streets of Rage to Worms to Bomberman to Mario Kart. Must've played those a shit ton back then. 

FPS's like Doom or Goldeneye to Unreal Tournament or Quake Arena to modern day stuff like Battlefield or Destiny, usually have taken up my time.