passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Capcom Home Arcade - £200 to you

Hendo

11 minutes ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Yeah I can’t get hyped for the PS5 stats. Mostly because they’re gibberish to me. I don’t know what a SSD is,or whatever the hell its called.

I agree. I read a bit of the break down on Eurogamer and started to fall asleep 

1 hour ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Yeah I can’t get hyped for the PS5 stats. Mostly because they’re gibberish to me. I don’t know what a SSD is,or whatever the hell its called.

The short version, it's a really quick hard drive, which means really quick loading and pulling in of data. Load times should be fairly obvious, but with the latter it means textures loading in quicker, and fewer hitches when playing (Batman Arkham Knight didn't really work on pc unless you had an ssd for this reason) 

5 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Exactly. I'm not an anorak for numbers and figures, the games are what I look forward to with any new console.

Yeah, the PS5 will be more powerful than the last one.  Surprise, surprise. 

It just came to my attention that the Street Fighter II on there is Hyper Fighting.  Weird they didn't put Super Turbo on it since that's the one people play to this day. 

I think if there were more games, the thing might have some more traction for indepth discussion. The NES Mini had thirty, SNES Mini had 21,  Playstation Classic had 20 (albeit with poor presentation). Yet for the most part, these were all noteworthy and iconic games. Other than the third or fourth re-release of Street Fighter II in as many years, and appealing to an even smaller niche fan base in Darkstalkers, alongside whichever Ghouls & Goblins that is, the rest is a list of who gives a damn. Capcom have certainly got a high enough calibre of games in their back catalogue to more than sell this stick. These titles don't even come close.

I'm happier that they're niche games.  I mean, it's obviously a niche product and definitely one for the fans of 90s era Capcom arcade games.  Its obviously not for a broad appeal going by everything about it. 

Its a fascinating thing. 

I’m not going to lie, I really like that design. It’s ridiculous but oh so good. £200 though and a meagre selection of games? Bit much.

if they’d included some of the Marvel and Vs games like CoTA or X-Men vs SF though I’d have definitely got it. Those games are near £100 alone on the Saturn (the only ports that matter). I understand why they aren’t - licensing. But they should have got it done. They managed to get AvP in there which has always been a nightmare for them so why not the Vs and original Marvel games?