passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Capcom Home Arcade - £200 to you

Hendo

Capcom are teasing something:

Which NintendoLife think is a plug and play compilation joystick.

We've been tipped off by an anonymous source that Capcom's big reveal – as reported below – isn't coming to Switch, because it's not coming to anyconsole. Instead, it will be a two-player arcade stick packed with classic Capcom arcade games that plugs directly into your TV. We've been told that the sticks and buttons will be full-sized affairs; a close match to the interface used on original arcade cabinets. We've heard that the unit will be a premium affair, with a retail price that could be as high as £200.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/capcoms_big_announcement_is_a_plug-and-play_arcade_stick_packed_with_classic_games

It's what we all expected, and yet at the same time, no-one expected.

No price confirmed as yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 200.

Well done, Capcom. That's the most baller move I've seen in quite some time.

I get the concept of giving you a 2 player arcade stick controller, but it's going to be an arse to use, either cosied up on the sofa balanced on your knees, or dragging out a table to sit it on.

Only viable alternative is to cabinet mount it - but if you were going to do that then I'd imagine a jamma board etc would be better.

3 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

looks alright. hopefully it's one of those things that tanks in price. There's not enough games on it really, and a double-sized arcade stick is going to be a prick to store, but there's some good games on there

Wonder if they'll just do a really limited production run and they'll end up like the NES Mini (first batch) ?

I saw a thing one time where to do good business you need to make something for everyone and it be affordable and of reasonable quality, or you need to make something that serves only a few people but to a super high standard and you charge out the ass for it. I feel like this is the expensive version of the NES mini. 

Also odd but respectable that this thing is is getting more traction on this site than the PS5 specs lol

24 minutes ago, Maf said:

Also odd but respectable that this thing is is getting more traction on this site than the PS5 specs lol

Only speaking for myself, but that’s like “oh it’s more powerful? Yeah of course it is, let’s see something in action before we get on the hype train”.

The Capcom stupidly big, stupidly expensive but also (by the looks of it) stupidly well made massive joystick with a load of games included is one of the more interesting news stories in a while.

It looks really cool and there are some really nice games on it.  On one hand I like that they're making it with premium components so it doesn't have the cheap feel things like this usually do, but on the other I doubt I'll have a spare £200 anytime soon. 

Not good optics on that Tweet, tho

3 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

It looks really cool and there are some really nice games on it.  On one hand I like that they're making it with premium components so it doesn't have the cheap feel things like this usually do, but on the other I doubt I'll have a spare £200 anytime soon. 

Not good optics on that Tweet, tho

The Capcom UK tweet?