passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Horizon: Forbidden West

DisturbedSwan

Horizon sequel confirmed to be in development by Voice Actress Janina Gavankar

PlayStation 4-exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn sold over 10m copies, so it comes as no surprise to learn there will be a sequel.

Confirmation comes from actress Janina Gavankar, who in video game land is best known for playing the protagonist of Star Wars: Battlefront 2's single-player campaign, but who also voiced minor character Tatai in Horizon's Frozen Wilds DLC.

Chatting to a fan about Horizon Zero Dawn at the ongoing Star Wars Celebration event in Chicago, Gavankar said: "Just wait until you see the sequel. You're gonna die. I know some secrets. You're gonna die."

Redditor ninjyte pointed to the clip on Twitch, but it appears to have been pulled. But of course the internet never forgets.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

It's entirely possible they're going to show us a teaser. I mean Last of Us was shown almost four years ago for the first time and is only now coming out. In fact I'm counting on seeing a few games that will be a couple of years off, that's kind of Sony's MO these days.

1 hour ago, Maryokutai said:

In fact I'm counting on seeing a few games that will be a couple of years off, that's kind of Sony's MO these days.

They’re trying to stop doing that now, they haven’t announced a major 1P game since GoT in 2017 so I feel they will have quite a lot to show us, but only stuff that’s coming at launch and next year in the Thursday show.

I definitely think Horizon 2 will be there, along with GoW2, Silent Hill and Spidey 2.

3 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

they haven’t announced a major 1P game since GoT in 2017

Uh, yeah, because that's literally the last first-party PS4 game there is. Of course they didn't start showing PS5 games in 2018.

If they're only going to show launch games next week then it'll be a very short and very underwhelming presentation and it won't include Horizon 2. With Corona and everything, Horizon 2 would have had to be done right about now for them to be able to polish it in time for the end of the year. That'd mean Guerilla as a studio would be capable of making an open-world game for a machine that was still in development during the production of the game, with a new or heavily modified engine, over the span of three years. I just don't see that happening – unless they half-arse it and just throw it out there and finish it with some patches and DLC down the line which would be a horrible PR-decision.

12 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Uh, yeah, because that's literally the last first-party PS4 game there is. Of course they didn't start showing PS5 games in 2018.

If they're only going to show launch games next week then it'll be a very short and very underwhelming presentation and it won't include Horizon 2. With Corona and everything, Horizon 2 would have had to be done right about now for them to be able to polish it in time for the end of the year. That'd mean Guerilla as a studio would be capable of making an open-world game for a machine that was still in development during the production of the game, with a new or heavily modified engine, over the span of three years. I just don't see that happening – unless they half-arse it and just throw it out there and finish it with some patches and DLC down the line which would be a horrible PR-decision.

True, I was just saying that they’ve been saving everything post 2017 for PS5 really.

In my previous post I did say launch and next year, I think Horizon 2 could be an Autumn/Winter 2021, I don’t now think it’s coming at launch. I agree it’s somewhat unlikely but it’s possible is all I mean. 2017 (when HZD came out) to late 2021 would be over 4 1/2 years. They don’t need a new engine though, they’ve got Decima. 

I do think there’ll be at least one big AAA title at launch (possibly Bluepoint’s game) as well as Ratchet & Clank from Insomniac with GT7 coming early/Spring next year. Who knows though, speculating is fun, maybe I’m getting my hopes up too much who knows but it’s cool to dream lol. There have been rumours of an Uncharted at launch or within the 1st year too developed by a new Studio, the last was released in 2016 so it’s definitely possible if they started work on it right away. 

I think right now if I could only have 1 announcement from the possible games mentioned I’d take Silent Hill, that’ll be the announcement that gets me jumping.

8 hours ago, Nag said:

Ok....

My bad for posting more than a line and discussion launch game probabilities. I'll make sure to spend more time on twitter in the future to be able to compress my thoughts or I will just post "I hope Soul Reaver comes out at launch" and leave it there.

@DisturbedSwan I'm expecting the Bluepoint game and GT7 at launch (if Polyphony managed to get their act together). Bluepoint's game is a remake so that immediately shaves off a couple off months of development, which makes it a good fit for a quality launch title on a controllable schedule.

I think we'll see a big game in the first 3 months. I'm not sure it will be Horizon or Spiderman because that would make more sense sales wise on this generation too, but I think they'll want something that shows off their SSD and it has been a few years for some of their studios. 

It could even be Gran Turismo with it being something they can keep adding to 

I guess we'll find out this week 

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Gran Turismo 7 is a thing, isn't it? Was that confirmed as PS4 or not?

Not announced yet, just rumoured. An Australian cockpit manufacturer shared a GT7 logo on Instagram then took it down claiming it was just a mock-up but no one can find the logo elsewhere on the net. Then PlayStation Brazil did a poll that included ‘Gran Turismo 7’ but that was most probably a mistake, getting it mixed up with GT Sport. At this point I’d highly doubt it’ll be a PS4 game but who knows.

Thread about it here for more context:

• 2 weeks later...