passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Horizon: Forbidden West

DisturbedSwan

And like I said, I don't actually care anymore... it's becoming the de facto excuse for anything and everything to basically fuck up.

If it's that difficult now don't give dates... especially ones that look like it's apparent you were never going to hit.

Covid has been/is a pretty fluid situation. I don’t think wfh is a fool proof solution for the entertainment industry and can only limit disruption so much. If they gave a solid date for this (I can’t remember) then more fool them. But does it warrant upset and anger? No.

Be ready when it’s ready. 

At least I haven't actually given Sony any money for this yet... bonus.😂

Do the right thing now, give us a Zero Dawn PS5 patch, you know you want to.

I can kind of see where Nag is coming from. I think initially Sony talked about 2021 being the release year of games like GT and God of War, too, even though nobody believed it. Covid or not those games would never have come out this year, so that was kind of misleading marketing.

On the other hand I think Horizon had a real chance of happening this year, but in this case the entire stuff around Covid just delayed it a bit. Sure it's the most common "excuse" these days but it's a legitimate one. As a sidenote, we were working on a new webpage for our administration through the last year with an external partner and that got delayed by 6 months due to Covid. A friggin' homepage. So I can totally understand why something significantly more complex, like a videogame, can get hit hard by the adaption to new work environments.

You could imagine a lot of these tentative timetables were penciled in thinking we would be basically out of this by now, but you can't have projects without some sort of end date in mind cause surely you also have to budget for this stuff. Or you get insane scope and budget creep, well I think you would anyway. I dunno anything about AAA production but these are things I would guess at.

So I don't think they're wrong to come out and say stuff like 'we have 2021 in mind for this release' only for it to fall back cause of edginess around delta. These companies don't want to be liable for a worker developing health problems cause of a mandatory return to office notice. Expect stuff aiming for 22 to also get pushed back, cause even if covid went away right now its impact on production will have a lengthy tail (hey, maybe get into an MMO ;) )

• 4 weeks later...

There's a bit of drama going around due to the lack of upgrade paths for the PS4 version. Which I agree is shitty but Sony's cross-gen handling has been pretty poor all around so I'm not too surprised.

Another thing that's been pointed out though is that the collector's edition come without a physical disc. Which we've seen here and there before but in this case their excuse is probably that not every PS5 has a disc drive. 

1 hour ago, Maryokutai said:

There's a bit of drama going around due to the lack of upgrade paths for the PS4 version. Which I agree is shitty but Sony's cross-gen handling has been pretty poor all around so I'm not too surprised.

Another thing that's been pointed out though is that the collector's edition come without a physical disc. Which we've seen here and there before but in this case their excuse is probably that not every PS5 has a disc drive. 

No two ways about it, it is shitty. Especially as they promised as much when they announced the PS4 version earlier this year (or late last year?). 

I also don’t really get the point in doing a PS4 version if folks can’t upgrade, a whole lot of people are just going to wait until they get a PS5 now as they can’t easily upgrade. I know you can get the digital edition that has both but yeah, it’s not enough. Don’t make promises you can’t or won’t keep, it’s a shitty thing to do.

I didn’t realise about the lack of a physical disc in the Collector’s Edition either, I just looked on GAME to check and sure enough you just get a digital copy, another shitty penny pinching thing to do.

Personally, my opinion is that any special edition that doesn’t come with the game, can fuck right off. “Oh, you want to actually play the game? Pay extra”. Absolute bollocks. 

As for the upgrade path, Sony seem hellbent on pissing their goodwill up the wall. First the Ghost Of Tsushima fiasco, and now this.

Ill be playing this on PS4, due to having to spunk £800+ on my car insurance at the end of the year, so a PS5 ain’t happening anytime soon.