Blakey

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

They had a SWJFO Panel at SWCC @Bob, I believe it was shown at the beginning or end of that.

The trailer wasn’t awe-inspiring or anything, and I’d have to see gameplay before I put in a pre-order or commit to a Day 1 purchase. But, I think with the pedigree behind it it’s safe to assume the game will be at least good already. 

I cant really understand people getting up in arms about it either. They’ll show gameplay either at E3 or Gamescom, we’ve got months and months to go until November, chill.

Yeah, for me I don’t think the trailer is particularly inspired but I just have faith in Respawn. Tracking their lineage all the way back to CoD4 they’ve yet to make a bad game

Granted, all of those games were FPS’s, but they were all so incredibly good I got faith they know what they’re doing 

I’m also glad it’s separate from the real SW stuff as well as creatively they will be less ham strung and have less trouble getting stuff signed off by Disney/Lucas

I don’t know. The force is strong with this one, I can feel it 

I've only just watched it, and it's just a standard reveal trailer. I don't know why this one in particular is getting such criticism for not having gameplay when pretty much all games are revealed like that.

It didn't do a lot for me - the first Knights of the Old Republic is the only Star Wars game I can remember playing for more than an hour or so, definitely the only one I ever finished, so I'm not the type to get hyped by a trailer like that. I did like the Titanfall 2 campaign though, so hoping from something good from Respawn.

27 minutes ago, Blakey said:

They had a SWJFO Panel at SWCC @Bob, I believe it was shown at the beginning or end of that

I can see why people would be annoyed that there wasn't gameplay shown in that case. I saw earlier that Stig Asmussen was directing as well which is another reason to have faith in the title for me personally, even without actual gameplay. 

Is it too much to assume a "Sith Path" will exist? ala KOTOR, Unleashed etc

Basically the Sith have all the best Force powers anyway and cooler looking weapons.

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

this is the biggest lie I've ever seen 😄

I can see this being the most liked comment in the thread 🤣

49 minutes ago, OCH said:

Is it too much to assume a "Sith Path" will exist? ala KOTOR, Unleashed etc

If I was a betting man I'd say that probably isn't gonna happen.

Good thing you said "probably", that way we know you aren't a Sith dealing in absolutes.

As everyone knows that being sure of something is a clear sign you're an evil bastard.

I can’t get hyped about this. Hopefully it will turn out to be good. But I’m waiting until it’s actually finished, before registering any interest.

Pre-ordering is a mugs game. Like there’s ever been a scenario where you can’t get a game, because you didn’t pre-order. Well, apart from expensive collectors editions. But they can go bollocks anyway,over-priced tat.

7 minutes ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Like there’s ever been a scenario where you can’t get a game, because you didn’t pre-order.

There has, many times.

Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Nioh ran out of the initial launch stock here and you had to wait a few weeks to get a physical copy if you hadn’t pre-ordered.

I'd imagine this won't run short though, EA aren't going to do a limited print of it. And there's always digital 

Yeah very true. 

Was just saying on some - admittedly rare - occasions pre-orders are still needed to secure a release day collection/delivery.

Nothing wrong with preordering in my eyes, it's very rare you'll get charged before dispatch in any case... there's no difference between doing that and walking in to a shop on launch day, except you'll maybe get the game a day or two early.

Thing is when the shite reviews come in the same time as your dispatch email 😞

Prime now often hold onto a few copies, if you are London based. I used that for Spiderman, clicked it and got the game on release before maf did and everything which made it extra great

I have a fairly good idea what I'm gonna like, admittedly I'm not the most experimental gamer on this forum... and to be fair I couldn't really give a toss about review scores.☺

I don't get the hate for pre-ordering (at least physically). Amazon sell most games on day one at £50 but when I have pre-ordered I've never had to pay more than £40, you can add to your gift balance and pay the thing off in advance if you want and then cancel at any time, gain access to any betas etc, plus the option to return if the game arrives along with 30 one star reviews. Having to put money down in advance like the good old days was a bit of a scam and I know it's still like that in the states but over here I think pre-ordering is about as consumer friendly as it can be. 

I'll say that having five different pre-order bonuses spread over five different stores is a wank practice... Actually pre-ordering itself I honestly can't see the problem.