passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

DisturbedSwan

27 minutes ago, Blakey said:

They had a SWJFO Panel at SWCC @Bob, I believe it was shown at the beginning or end of that

I can see why people would be annoyed that there wasn't gameplay shown in that case. I saw earlier that Stig Asmussen was directing as well which is another reason to have faith in the title for me personally, even without actual gameplay. 

Is it too much to assume a "Sith Path" will exist? ala KOTOR, Unleashed etc

Basically the Sith have all the best Force powers anyway and cooler looking weapons.

I can’t get hyped about this. Hopefully it will turn out to be good. But I’m waiting until it’s actually finished, before registering any interest.

Pre-ordering is a mugs game. Like there’s ever been a scenario where you can’t get a game, because you didn’t pre-order. Well, apart from expensive collectors editions. But they can go bollocks anyway,over-priced tat.

7 minutes ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Like there’s ever been a scenario where you can’t get a game, because you didn’t pre-order.

There has, many times.

Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Nioh ran out of the initial launch stock here and you had to wait a few weeks to get a physical copy if you hadn’t pre-ordered.

I don't get the hate for pre-ordering (at least physically). Amazon sell most games on day one at £50 but when I have pre-ordered I've never had to pay more than £40, you can add to your gift balance and pay the thing off in advance if you want and then cancel at any time, gain access to any betas etc, plus the option to return if the game arrives along with 30 one star reviews. Having to put money down in advance like the good old days was a bit of a scam and I know it's still like that in the states but over here I think pre-ordering is about as consumer friendly as it can be. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Star Wars looks a bit underwhelming. It is Star Wars + Uncharted like I thought it would be (-The God of War combat I thought it would have) but it had zero flair or speed or excitement. The character looks like he moves a bit sluggish, soft and automatic even in combat when in my mind a melee combat based Star Wars game should be fast and you whip around with a lot of agility and manoeuvres.

Maybe that isn’t true to the movies but I think it would make for a more exciting game. 

Also stuff like moving the storm trooper in front of the blaster stinks of that really old video game thing where, he’s it’s something you can do, but you have to go so far out of your way to do it just mashing the stab button on a guy will be a lot more efficient. 

They kept saying “Oh the person playing it is a really good player” jeez so that’s what it looks like when it’s being played well ?

I don’t know. I’ll still buy it day 1 because I’m dumb like that, and I don’t think it looks bad, but very underwhelmed by it. They looked too much at Sony and didn’t look enough at Capcom and Platinum Games, I think. 

Like I said in the other thread, though - there's no way on earth you'd make a hardcore action game in the style of From, DMC, etc, for a Star Wars game. Especially as they keep cancelling SW games left and right. Just hope it does what it tries to do well, and might influence SW fans to pick up some of the more hardcore games.

I don’t think I’m trying to say it be more hardcore, just faster and more inventive. It really didn’t look that different outside of the Force Unleashed games in terms of abilities