passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

DisturbedSwan

Seeing people screaming “day one” for this and I don’t know why. We haven’t seen any gameplay for it.

Seriously, why are people excited for this game after seeing this trailer? It shows us nothing. 

I’m not trying to to start shit, I just genuinely don’t understand how people can get excited for cinematic trailers (and generic ones at that) after we’ve been burned countless times before with other games. 

Gameplay or gtfo.

41 minutes ago, RikSP said:

Seeing people screaming “day one” for this and I don’t know why. We haven’t seen any gameplay for it.

Seriously, why are people excited for this game after seeing this trailer? It shows us nothing. 

I’m not trying to to start shit, I just genuinely don’t understand how people can get excited for cinematic trailers (and generic ones at that) after we’ve been burned countless times before with other games. 

Gameplay or gtfo.

I'm with you, particularly as its not like Star Wars has a history of good games, nor EA in recent years for that matter 

But it's going to be a huge AAA game with Star Wars in the name so people will get it day 1 regardless of who's making it 

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Wait, so is this Star Wars character action? I can't watch the trailer now but that's what the descriptions sound like.

This guy is a senior combat designer at Respawn, background in action melee stuff with Ninja Theory https://www.linkedin.com/in/saitong-man-6256a31/

The character is a Jedi so it kind of has to be yes? Although I would think less DMC and more like God of War, something more palatable to a casual audience.

Judging by the running and jumping in the trailer I suspect a lot of Uncharted thrown in there for good measure 

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

Until they start showing gameplay it can get to fuck.

Also no preorders. That's the golden rule. Let the mugs take the hit to see if it's good or not.

Didn’t you buy Anthem? 

I did. I didn't preorder though, within an hour of clicking buy it was in the post.

The last game I ordered in advance was EDF5. Everything else I've bought on (admittedly Anthem was borderline) or after release. Don't try and trip me up, I am way in front of you with stuff like that. Practice what you preach and all that.

Might make an exception for Borderlands 3, depending on what is shown before the game comes out though, love me some Borderlands.

6 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Don't try and trip me up, I am way in front of you with stuff like that.

You certainly are, I didn’t buy Anthem ?

I kid, I kid. I’m not trying to trip you up, Sly. That sounds mean spirited. I just thought it was funny, is all

5 hours ago, RikSP said:

It’s a sad and sorry state of affairs when EA not only have to come out and clarify this, but act like it’s something that should be praised and not just expected. 

259F5B50-2763-4C74-90FB-D5DA23CDADD8.jpeg

I agree with your overall point, but to be fair, it very much is expected. Particularly from EA. And the clarification is a necessary marketing thing I bet to come out immediately and squash any negative speculation about it right off the bat

Which, again to be fair worked for me. I was happy to read that. 

It won’t stop a multi-tiered league of special editions that all release on certain dates and have exclusive DLC and cost upwards of a small house but, they killed the really negative thing straight away which is good

I also wonder how this relates to their experience trying to sell Battlefront 2. When Disney license out the SW brand I bet they don’t expect it to be returned as a smouldering wreck. Conspiracy theory hat on but I reckon EA got in big trouble with the Mouse last time so they are trying to do everything right this time 

11 hours ago, RikSP said:

Gameplay or gtfo.

It reminded me of those old PSOne era games that only showed cutscenes on the back of the box.

This was such a hype trailer. Where was the gameplay? In game cut scenes aren't enough. I think there was  just one clip of Kal jumping a gap and that seemed about it. This is as bad as a game trailer then putting "Not actual gameplay footage" or some bollocks. 

The most depressing part is this marketing tactic still works on some people, after being around for decades. I don't think I've ever bought a game without seeing how it plays first.

I can only speak for myself but I’m “balling” about it because I was utterly disappointed with what they’ve shown.

It’s Star Wars Celebration, it’s the perfect time to show some actual gameplay, then EA turn up with a boring and generic cinematic trailer that doesn’t even look that impressive itself.

There was so much hype leading up the the reveal and it was just limp. Yeah we’ll likely see something at E3 but they should have led with gameplay here and given the fans something to actually be excited about. 

I am a hardcore Star Wars fan and this trailer did absolutely nothing for me. It was the same old shit I’ve seen before and due to EA treating the license like shit I have no faith in it, it feels like a project that was thrown together in a short time in a desperate attempt by EA to show Disney they should be allowed to keep it. 

I have no faith in EA anymore, and I haven’t played enough by Respawn to have any faith in them either. I’m hoping it’ll be the Horizon: Zero Dawn of Star Wars, but I can’t get excited until I actually see the thing in action.

I didn't watch Star Wars celebration because that's for nerds but how was it announced? Was it on stage sort of deal and how long did EA have to present and talk about the game if it was? 

They had a SWJFO Panel at SWCC @Bob, I believe it was shown at the beginning or end of that.

The trailer wasn’t awe-inspiring or anything, and I’d have to see gameplay before I put in a pre-order or commit to a Day 1 purchase. But, I think with the pedigree behind it it’s safe to assume the game will be at least good already. 

I cant really understand people getting up in arms about it either. They’ll show gameplay either at E3 or Gamescom, we’ve got months and months to go until November, chill.

Yeah, for me I don’t think the trailer is particularly inspired but I just have faith in Respawn. Tracking their lineage all the way back to CoD4 they’ve yet to make a bad game

Granted, all of those games were FPS’s, but they were all so incredibly good I got faith they know what they’re doing 

I’m also glad it’s separate from the real SW stuff as well as creatively they will be less ham strung and have less trouble getting stuff signed off by Disney/Lucas

I don’t know. The force is strong with this one, I can feel it 

I've only just watched it, and it's just a standard reveal trailer. I don't know why this one in particular is getting such criticism for not having gameplay when pretty much all games are revealed like that.

It didn't do a lot for me - the first Knights of the Old Republic is the only Star Wars game I can remember playing for more than an hour or so, definitely the only one I ever finished, so I'm not the type to get hyped by a trailer like that. I did like the Titanfall 2 campaign though, so hoping from something good from Respawn.