Sign in to follow this  
Sambob

Metro Exodus

Couldnt see a post for this, feel free to delete if there is one.

So, this is my first Metro game and the first thing I will say is that the story/setting is so immersive that its made me want to go through the other ones. As a game its not the most polished although its really good, solid 7 out of 10, theres just a few little things here and there and it sort of reminds me of Elder scrolls Oblivion at points which is a weird comparison but its what it reminds me of, its just got a bit of a clunkyness to it. The load times are absolutely ridiculous at times, 2 minutes to load up the game. The first time it happened I genuinely thought my PS4 had just given up but apparently its standard.

It would be interesting to see what people who have played the series think of this one, mainly @DANGERMAN because I seem to remember him being a long time fan. I get the impression that its a massive departure from the series traditional feel, and I dont know if they decided to just do something different because they wanted to make a kind of open world game. The reason I say that is because it definitely feels like an early PS4/late PS3 game in terms of its open world approach, it gives me some slight Half Life 3 vibes.

I rented it,got a few hours in,and returned it. Just didn’t grip me,really. Hard to say why,it’s not like it’s a bad game. I just didn’t find it interesting.

I actually thought this felt a lot like a Metro game and I enjoyed the others but couldn't get far into this. It was all so clunky which is fine when you are traipsing through tunnels and ruins but when translated to the open world it just didn't fit. I had been playing stealthily for a little while, carefully taking out a group of enemies and then they all respawned after I had a short rest and then I couldn't be bothered going back to it. 

Like you said, the load times are insane. I timed one and it came in at just under 3 minutes. I don't mind long load times, even longer than Metro wouldn't bother me too much if once that initial load was finished that was it, but even checkpoint reloads were long and that just won't do. 

I did that exact same thing with Metro 2033 @AndyKurosaki something about those first few hours just never clicked with me. Finally went back to it earlier this year, pushed through that early hour barrier and had a whale of a time. 

To get back on topic. I did buy this awhile back as I had such a fantastic time with Metro 2033. Since Sekiro came out that has had my undivided attention plus I've put 14ish hours into Last Light and had nowhere near as good a time with that as I did the previous game.

I will get round to this at some point though, its all installed and ready to go on my PC.